tsterg
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

Re: Unable to pair Bose NC Headphones 700 to Windows 10

Having the same issue. Why would I use the app on my phone when this issue is about Windows 10?

Thanks

RAMMSTEIN
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2018

There is no Connect new  option when i go to -source bluetooth. screen is blank

Sam_F

Hi @RAMMSTEIN,

Are you referring to the Bluetooth options on your Windows 10 machine? Have you tried resetting your computer? Do you not have any options to connect devices through Bluetooth?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
aviterra
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

I had the same problem. Windows recognized the Bluetooth device but no sound came out of the headphones. I called Bose tech support, who told me the headphones only work with mobile devices, not PCs. It was disappointing, but I then noticed that the video on the Bose website showed a Windows screen set up! So I removed the device from Windows, followed the instructions on the Bose video (don't select the device that begins with "LE"), rebooted my computer, and everything works perfectly!

Pat L
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

Still couldn't connect to windows 10 and now my headset will not turn on?

Pat L
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

I followed your directions and now my headphones will not turn on?

Jessie_O

Hey Pat,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your NC700 headphones not turning on. Please take a look at this thread HERE for assistance with this. If you are still experiencing issues with Windows 10 once the headphones power on, please follow the instructions in this thread. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
EowynCarter
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

To add to this.

My destop computer woudn't see the headphone. Hey, i guess my bluetooth adapter is to old for this ?

Tried my laptop, work no problems.

Got a new adapter. Ah I see someting now. still no dice.

I followed some advice there, and cut bluetooth from the phone. Yep ! that work. Try to connect the phone again, while the headset is still connected the sound is sloppy. My guess is that some adapters handle multipoint badly. 

Tieslin
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

Hi Zoe,

I am facing a similar issue with my Bose NC 700 not working properly in Windows 10 (only Stereo mode not hands free) and I followed the instruction you posted:

o reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

Now the headphones won't do anything. They will not turn on, if I plug the charger nothing happens either (no light indicating charging).

Please help

Regards,

Alex

Tieslin
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

I fixed it somehow by redoing the reboot sequence a couple of times. Now Windows recognizes both modes instead of only the stereo one..