Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2020

Re: USB connected to laptop for pairing now can't power up my NC 700 HP

Hi there... was having trouble connecting my Bose NC 700 HP to Windows 10 laptop so followed advice on this blog for a wired connection (USB) from computer to the Bose HP while holding down power button on the headphones. Now I can't power them up at all and are non-responsive. Any clues?

Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

Re: Unable to pair Bose NC Headphones 700 to Windows 10

I tried Zoe C's recommendation, plugging in the charging cable while holding down the pairing button.  Now the headset doesn't do anything, appears dead.  It was fully charged and pairing with my phone beforehand.

What now???

Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2020

Bose product name: Bose NC 700

Firmware Version: 1.8.2

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version: 4.2.4

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they: Windows 10

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Whenever I try to pair my Bose NC 700 I am told that it has been paired by windows but my headphones don't say its been connected and I get "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, and then try again" error message even though I have connected and removed the device multiple times. If anyone has any trouble shooting steps I would really appreciate it as I use them for online school and without them I cant hear whats going on in class. I have also tried other headphones and cant seem to get them to connect despite it saying that it has connected. I am not sure if its a problem with windows or what but I'm getting stumped so if anyone can I help me that would be very appreciated.

What environment do you experience the issue in?: In my room earlier the morning on 12/1/2020

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?: Earlier this morning after having to reinstall windows due to it corrupting

Any troubleshooting steps you took
1. Connecting and removing device multiple times
2. Trying to use the app to connect to my computer
3. Uninstalling and reinstalling my Bluetooth drivers
Again if anyone has any other trouble shooting steps I would greatly appreciate it as stated before, I use them for online class and cant get any other headphones to connect successfully

Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

I know this is reply to an old post, but I have tried those procedures listed and I still can not get my Bose700 noise cancellation and microphone to connect to Windows 10.  It had previously, but out of the blue it just stop connecting.  I am ascertain that it could be a windows 10 patch, but don't know for sure.  If  you have some alternatives since the original post, it would be appreciated.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

I'm trying to connect my Bose NC 700 HP to my Windows 10 computer but it does not work the only Bluetooth option that pops up is LE-Bose NC 700 HP. I successfully connected my Bose NC 700 HP headphones to my iPhone 7 and my iPad Air 2.

I followed the steps on the video that shows how to connect your Bluetooth devices to your Windows computer but the option Bose NC 700 HP does not appear. I only have LE-Bose NC 700 HP as an option. I also tried to follow another guide which went like this:

1. Install the Bose Music app on the phone. Connect the Bose headphones through blue tooth.

2. In the source tab, click on connect new. Open Bluetooth on the windows 10 machine, and search for Bluetooth devices. The headphones are detected on the windows machine and can be paired and connected. 

Though this did not work either