Debemac
Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2021

Unable to pair Bose Quiet Comfort II to Iphone12

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name Quiet Comfort II headphones

Country USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)  Iphone 12 on IOS 14.4.2

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce I have been trying to pair my Quiet Comfort II headphones to my iPhone 12.  I have downloaded the updated software onto my MacBook Pro and connected the headphones. When I try and connect to the phone it doesn't work.  

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) quiet living room

When did you start to experience the issue? March 2021 when I purchased the IPhone 12. Did it work correctly previously? It worked when the headphones were paired to my iPhone 6S

Any troubleshooting steps you took - see above

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Re: Unable to pair Bose Quiet Comfort II to Iphone12

Hey Debemac, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

Have you tried clearing your pairing list on the QC35 II's? You can do this by pushing the switch to the Bluetooth icon for 10 seconds. Once complete, delete the pairing on your source device and try connecting like a new connection. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Unable to pair Bose Quiet Comfort II to Iphone12

@Debemac(I do not work for Bose)

Just as a data point - I have a QC35ii and an iPhone 12+ with iOS 14.5.1 (go ahead and upgrade to the latest iOS).  I am not having any pairing or use issues.

When problems like this happen:

1. I remove ALL Bose devices from the paired BT list on my iPhone

2. I totally reinitialize the QC35 as recommended by Bose

Then I re-pair all my Bose devices.