Highlighted
runeal
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Upgrade needed for bose 700 headphones

Hi there are some major shortcomings to this headset setup that needs to be upgraded!
1. If you are doing a "factory reset" then it will not work with guides located on the website, so a "factory reset" is not possible.
2. Inside the "bose music" app where you can configure the headset, it is not easy to use when configuring, I want to be able deactivate the voice assistant button, this is also not possible. I and certainly MANY other people on this globe do not ever use voice assistant, so it is very nice to be able to disable it!
3. Noise cancellation settings have three favorites, I use either on or off, so to achieve this, I have to create levels 0, 10, 10. But this scrolls unnatural when switching between them. I would like you to make it so that you can add or subtract from favorites, so you can have anything between one and five favorite levels of NC.
4. Inside the bluetooth settings on the device I use the headphones on, two different connections are made, if you accidentally delete one of them, you lose connection to the mobile app. They need to be more strongly tied together or combined so that it may not be possible to have a factory reset on the headset to access the headset. A factory reset can remind you that this headset is not possible (see point 1.)
5. Inside the app, you should be able to choose the primary device to which the heatset connects, it uses one of my devices I do not use as much as the primary device and try to play from it until I go on this device to disconnect it, or go into the app to disconnect. This can be done much better by being able to choose primary and secondary within the app.

This is a lot of improvement potential on a really good headset, the sound is unmatched and the noise cancellation is the best on the market in my opinion, sorry I am writing as I do over, but these are things that MUST be upgraded !!

Thanks for listening to your consumers!

2 REPLIES 2
robdesbois1022@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Re: Upgrade needed for bose 700 headphones

I agree, there is potential for improvement, the app is very pretty looking but not a lot of options. I would add a better connection stability with the app, it stays connected with my phone but as soon as i leave the app (not force quit or remove from recent apps, just going to home screen), when I reopen Bose music the headphone is no longer connected with the app (still connected to the phone no problem, just the app itself) and i have to click connect again. I am not sure if it is a bug or just normal behaviour though.

Also maybe feature wise, I would love to see an EQ built in or just a bit more audio/sound customisation options; even very basic it would be nice to be able to adjust bass levels, etc directly from the app, meaning to the headphone directly.

Something very not a big deal but the english TTS voice is a bit depressed so a better voice would be nice and more pleasant, even-though it depends of the capacity/storage of the headphone, and it is a detail, not a priority.

Re: Upgrade needed for bose 700 headphones

Hi runeal and robdesbois1022,

Thank you for your post and I'd like to welcome you both to the Bose Community. 

We greatly appreciate your feedback relating to the NC Headphones 700 and the Bose Music application.

@runeal Regarding your first point with the factory reset, this is not something that is possible with any of our headphones. You can most certainly perform a general reset. Are you having problems with this?

For the remaining requests, I'd be more than happy to pass this information to our development team for consideration.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support