skrynkvoskyy@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2018

Re: VERY loud text/alert/phone ringtone [Bose QC35 II]

Hello Tony,

Could you specify where I should find "Sound & Haptics", my bose app on Iphone does not have any sound settings, iphone / macbook sound settings does not have any mentions about bose or headphones with another devices.

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi skrynkvoskyy@gmail.com

Thanks for replying!

The settings would be found in the iPhone's main settings. Here is a link that describes the process. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Senthila
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2018

Re: Ringing volume to loud....disable possible?

Facing the same annoying issue with Samsung s8. The volume keeps increasing between call to message to music. Don't like QC 35 at all...
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Ringing volume to loud....disable possible?

Hi Senthila,

Thanks for reaching out. Would it be possible for you to try the headphones with another mobile device for troubleshooting?

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

lukec
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

I purchased a pair of QC35 IIs a month ago and have been grappling with this issue from day one. Notifications through my Mac are normal volume, but if it's connected to my iPhone and I get a call or notification, it's deafeiningly loud (definitely max volume) and I nearly break the darn things trying to rip them off of my head. It's not a great experience to constantly be in fear of receiving a phone call on a $350 pair of headphones. It just happened to me about 15 minutes ago and my ears are still ringing.

I have tried everything suggested - alert volume at lowest level with "change with buttons" set to off, testing with a different phone, etc. I think it is definitely an issue with the Bose firmware. Upon disconnecting the headphones from my phone, I could actually see the volume in the iOS control center jump up to 100% and then back down. When I uninstalled the Bose Connect app, this stopped happening and the connect/disconnect blip was no longer excessively loud. So I can only conclude that this is something faulty with the app. However the alert volume for calls, etc. is still the same painful volume.

Has this been investigated at all by Bose software staff? Would just be nice to know, because I really don't want to send back my headphones, when there's seemingly nothing (physically) defective with them, if there is a potential fix in the works. But I need to figure out something.

Peter Sikes
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

I have this problem too.  Has there been a fix?

gophereagle
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2018

I was having the same issue when using Bose Soundsport headphones and an iPhone 7 running IOS 12.1.  I believe I resolved the issue by lowering the volume using the controls on the headphones during an incoming call.  The volume remained at this lower level for future incoming calls.  Hopefully this works for others and across devices.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi gophereagle,

Thanks for the tip. I am sure that will help a lot of users!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

VT911
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

I’m experiencing the same issue. Customer support told me there’s no way to adjust the ring volume separate from the audio volume. If i receive a call while listening to music or a pod cast, the ring in my ear is EXTREMELY LOUD; I too have ripped the earbuds out because of the pain caused by the ring volume. One thing that helps...the song or pod will pause just before the ring happens; when I notice a pause, I immediately take one ear bud out and wait for the ring. This seems to help not get blasted by the ring, but creates a poor user experience.
VT911
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

Re: QC35 - Fixed bugs & ringtone

I’ve tried adjusting the ring volume on my device and it doesn’t help with the ringtone. Still way too loud in my ear.