Rosythingy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Voice Assistant and Automatic connection to Bose App

Hello 🙂

I have the Bose 700 headphones and at first the voice assistant would function at a click of the button. Then it became "Use google assistant on ur phone, then try again" because it wouldnt connect.

I found a solution to that was connecting through the app manually everytime I turned on my headphones. That THEN change which voice assistant is used, the putting it back to the one I want... tedious right?

How do I get it to connect automatically?

I've reset the headphones and reconnected/setup on my phone bluetooth and app already...

Thanks ;-;

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Voice Assistant and Automatic connection to Bose App

Hi @Rosythingy,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered some trouble with the voice assistant not consistently working.

From reading your post, it looks as if Google Assistant is the voice assistant you want to use with your headphones, but you mention the app changing that to Alexa without your choice - is that correct? Have you been able to try connecting the headphones to any other mobile devices to see if you're having the same issue?

If you haven't tried this already, it'd be worth completely clearing the pairing list of the headphones (which helps with the reset). To do this, press and hold the Bluetooth button down for 10 seconds until you hear 'Bluetooth device list cleared'.

Let me know what you find from trying that.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.