Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Volume down button continuously on despite not being pressed (Bose QuietComfort 35 Series 2)

The volume down button is not physically pressed on the headphones yet, every time I turn the headphones on, the volume down button appears to be continuously pressed and all you hear is a 'beep beep beep'. This noise goes away when manually turning the volume up from the phone or headphones, however, the moment you let go of the volume up button, it will automatically start lowering the volume again until it is muted and the 'beep beep beep beep' starts again.

Any thoughts? (no the volume down button is not physically stuck. I can press it and hear the click and hear it return to it's usual/normal position).

So far I have tried:

- Turning them off and on

- Restarting phone (I believe the issue is definitely with the headphones)

- Pressing volume down multiple times to clear any issues

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Volume down button continuously on despite not being pressed (Bose QuietComfort 35 Series 2)

Hello Cav25mm, 

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you are having some strange audio issues with your headphones! I would be more than happy to assist you with this. 

I have a few questions that I would like to ask to get a better understanding of the issue that you are currently experiencing, please find them below: 

• Does this issue happen when not connected to any devices? 
  • What device are you connecting to the headphones with / what software version is this device running? 
  • Does the issue happen across all devices and sources? 
  • Have you attempted updating your headphones via connecting them to a PC and visiting Btu.bose.com

I look forward to hearing back from you with the answers to these questions and if any other users are having a similar issue please answer the questions above. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Re: Volume down button continuously on despite not being pressed (Bose QuietComfort 35 Series 2)

Hi! Please accept my apologies for the delay in response.

I believe I managed to find the issue. It looks like some moisture had gotten into the buttons. Once I left them for a few days to dry out, the issue went away.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and once again, please accept my apologies for the delay.

Have a great holiday period! 

Highlighted

Hi Cav25mm,

Thank you for providing us with the update, I'm glad to hear you've managed to get your headphones back to working correctly again!

Have a great holiday period as well, Cav25mm.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.