Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Volume problem?

Recently purchased the bose soundlink headphones and it seems I have to have the volume on the headphones all the way up and the volume on my device pretty much maxed out to get the same volume I would with my other headphones when they would be at about 20 percent volume, that's using them wired or bluetooth....with my phone and the same with my laptop....is that normal? Just seems weird to me.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Volume problem?

Hi jesselutz34,

Thank you for posting! I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with the volume on your headphones and I would be happy to help with this.

So I can assist you as effectively as possible, which SoundLink headphones do you have? If you are unsure, you can use the Product Identifier to double-check.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

you probably have a microcode hang in your headphone firmware affecting the AVRCP functionality, symphtoms are capped max. volume due to sync error or having a "stuck volume" control at all.

Since you have an amazing capability of not giving away any detailed information we have to stick to the proven "common sense

problem solving" strategy:

1) delete your headphone from all bluetooth connected devices (laptop, phone)

Now source the user manual of your "generic Bose Soundlink" headphone  and perform the following operations

2) reset BT pairing list on headphone

3) reset (restart) headphone (google how to do if not stated in user manual)

4) re-pair with phone/laptop

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Hi, I have the bose soundlink around ear wireless headphones ll. Serial number [Edited by Moderator]

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Yeah I'm pretty new to all of this, I have the soundlink around ear wireless headphones ll,  a samsung galaxy s8 and a hp15 laptop. Thanks for the suggestions, I will try to do them.