Highlighted
Badlywornboy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Volume suddenly goes to maximum

Help! I have just received new QC 35ii headphones which I love, I use them with my android Samsung S8 phone but have a problem, after starting to listen to music at a comfortable level the volume suddenly goes to maximum after about a minute of playback which is extremely uncomfortable, I cannot find any way of preventing this on the phone settings or on the bose connect app, can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Badlywornboy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Re: Volume suddenly goes to maximum

Author Accepted Answer selected by Badlywornboy

It looks like I may have solved the issue of volume suddenly being too loud, fortunately it appears the problem was with my android device which has been solved by resetting  and tweaking the settings,  thanks for your assistance. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello Badlywornboy, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you have had this strange experience, let's look into this further for you.

The best place for us to start is ensuring that the issue is not with the device, to do this can you please test the headset with another Bluetooth device? I would also recommend testing a different streaming service to see if the issue persists. 

I would also recommend performing a reset on the headset by following these steps below: 

• Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Badlywornboy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Thanks for replying to my query, however I have carried out the steps you suggested and yet still the volume on my headphones randomly increase to full volume, particularly in the first few minutes of using them which is causing extreme discomfort? 

Hello Badlywornboy, 

Thank you for posting and updating me on this. Sorry to read that the issue still persists! 

Can you please let me know what other devices you tested this on, as well as which streaming service you are using? 

If possible can you please test a wired connection with the headphones to see if the same issue occurs? I would also like for us to ensure that the headset is running the latest software version, to do this please connect the headset to a PC via a USB cable and visit our online updater, then please follow the onscreen instructions to update. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. I would also like to hear back from any other users with this issue. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Badlywornboy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Badlywornboy

It looks like I may have solved the issue of volume suddenly being too loud, fortunately it appears the problem was with my android device which has been solved by resetting  and tweaking the settings,  thanks for your assistance. 

View solution in original post