nutmegger
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

Volume suddenly way too low - Soundsport

I have the Bose Soundsport wireless headphones and about a month ago, the sound quality dropped dramatically and even at maximum volume, the sound was way too low. My husband has the same product and his headphones sound much better and the maximum volume was far louder than mine. We are both on iPhones. I have installed the upgrade, and rebooted the headphones multiple times. I have tried changing the EQ on the iPhone and nothing helps. Sadly, I no longer have the receipt (Christmas gift). Am I out of luck? If I am walking in traffic I cannot hear enough volume to understand a podcast.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jshah15
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 18, 2019

Re: Volume suddenly way too low - Soundsport

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tony_G

I had the same problem and went to the solutions of this chat, though the volume was same. After which I fidgeted with the bose app and found the solution here it is.

1) Update your firmware from the BOSE connect app on mobile.

2) Connect your headp

1. Click on the area where it shows which song is play or if no song is playing it will show 'Music Not Available', it is just below the bluetooth or battery Icon.
  2. It Will open an Activity like this and then adjust the volume of your earphone from that volume bar.bose app image.jpg

Guys Let me know if this work for you.Cheers.

54 REPLIES 54

Hi there nutmegger,

I'm sorry to hear about this audio issue!  I'd just like to confirm one detail - if you pair your headphones to your husband's phone, will the decreased audio quality persist?  

If the issue is occurring on more than one device than we can assume that it's an issue with the headphones.  

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

Take care,

Shiloh 

Thundec
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 16, 2018

Not sure if you have fixed it by now but the same thing happened to me just this morning. FOund your post when I tried to find help. I tried to reset the earphones but that did nothing. However, downloaded the Bose App and updated the software and this fixed the problem instantly. Do hope this helps.

IFlyEm
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 4, 2018

Any fixes? Mine are the same now. Can barely hear my music now. I have a Galaxy S8+. Worked perfect until now. Very annoying.

Hey there,

Thanks for joining the conversation!  I'm sorry that you're experiencing this issue.

Can I ask - does this occur on any other devices?  For testing purposes would you be able to pair the headphones with another device and try again?

Additionally, I'd like to try a reset of the headphones:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

I hope that this helps! Please let me know if you get a chance.

Take care and enjoy your day,

Shiloh 

mlars83
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2018

Stop posting that fix, that is not the fix! (for iphones)

Here is the fix:  Make sure your firmware is up to date on the Bose app.  Then turn on the headphones and let them sync.  Then once they are on, find the manual control on the cord and hold the (+) and (-) buttons AT THE SAME TIME, until you hear something like "Language, English".  It will then say to push the middle button between the volume buttons to select english.  Do that.  Then you will hear it say "Connected, iphone"

Then turn the headphones off, and back on.  Let them sync and BOOM!  Great volume and quality, baby!

brianmriley
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2018

None of this fixed the low volume issue, which only started happening for me recently. I've had these for a couple years and the sound was always low, but now at <= 60% volume on my iPhone it's almost inaudible while my Bose Quiet Comfort 35's are quite loud (at the same 60% and blow your ears off at 100%). Something is very wrong with the SoundSport's software. I'll also add that not only are they quiet but they are tinny sounding now, which is also new.

I've tried all of the following to no avail:

* Updated Firmware to latest vr. 2.5.3

* Turned it on/off many times.

* Updated iOS to latest version: 11.4.1

* Made iOS forget the device and then find it again.

* Tried @mlars83 idea to hold plus and minus buttons until "Language, English", then turn them on/off.

* Turned on/off all equalizers in the Napster app.

* Turned on/off all equalizers in iOS Music settings.

* Mad sure volume was maxed for this device on phone and on device itself and Bose app on iOS.

Product Details: Bose SoundSport

* Firmware Version: 2.5.3

* Serial Number: 073135Z63157201AE

* Date of Manufacturing: November 10, 2016

I'm extremely frustrated and I'll be sending a letter to Bose indicating such. This really needs to be fxied ASAP especially since this seems to happen to tons of people on this forum and other reviews on the web.

RRajan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

I have exactly the same issue with my Bose soundsport. Done a firmware upgarde yet no luck
saltysnook
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Same issue except for the bass is absent. All I get is highs and upper mids. Tried everything above, latest firmware, every combination of ear tips. Purchased 2 weeks ago, very disappointed.
Argo1964
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

I'm interested to hear from anyone else on this - just purchased these (My partner already has a pair and she's pleased with them), but this volume issue is affecting use with my laptop. Any suggestions...???