Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

WEARABLE SOUNDWEAR Companion Speaker NEVER Powered Up After Unboxing, Charging & Updates Failed.

BOSE I love your products...

But my most recent purchase was MOST disappointing and rather disconcerting because I purchased a SOUNDWEAR Companion Speaker today, for $299 on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 from Best Buy, and straight out of the box it NEVER Powered On, with three battery indicator lights, and even after charging for over 3 hours!

When I visited your site https://btu.bose.com/index.html#section=start to do an Update, and submitted my Serial Number in hopes that this might eventually power it up (based on advice from your online BOSE forum) I received this message:

"We're sorry. Your product is out of warranty, but we can replace it at a discounted price."

BOSE: This is UNACCEPTABLE by your standards. These items should be REMOVED from the shelves!

Why are you allowing stores like Best Buy to sell it's BOSE Wearable SOUNDWEAR Companion Speakers from 2017 - such as I purchased today, May 2020

I printed the Bose Service and Repair Request page with that information on my SOUNDWEAR. This makes the second BOSE product I have to return in less than seven days.

UNHAPPY BOSE Customer

J Boaz - 05/26/2020

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: WEARABLE SOUNDWEAR Companion Speaker NEVER Powered Up After Unboxing, Charging & Updates Failed.

Hello, 

We are so sorry to hear that you have had this experience, I can understand your disappointment. 

Our website may be taking in account your devices' date of manufacture, which is making the system believe your item is out of warranty. This is not the case, in the USA you will have a 1 year warranty attached and we would love to resolve this for you. 

Please reach out to you local Bose product support team with your proof of purchase and we will happily resolve this for you.  You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.

Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!