Highlighted
vummang79
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Water noise

Hello I have the Bose 700 NCH( noise canceling headphones ).They are very good  at canceling most noise but the noise canceling does not seem to work well with splashing water noise. When I stand near to the water fall feature next to the infinity pool, the splashing water noise is quite loud. The noise cancelling circuitry does not seem to suppress falling/splashing water noise at all. Bose please update your noise canceling  algorithm to account for the splashing water noise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Water noise

Author Accepted Answer selected by vummang79

Hello Vummang79, 

Thank you for messaging the community, I would love to assist you with this. 

Due to the nature of Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) technology, this is most effective with ambient noise. The headphones feature a microphone which picks up the ambient noise in your surroundings for example traffic. The electronics in the ear piece create a noise-cancelling wave that is 180° out of phase with the ambient noise. This wave acts like a noise eraser: it cancels out the annoying sounds that surround you without diminishing the audio you want to hear. The resulting in Noise Cancellation in your headphones. Therefore where such sounds like splashing water are not consistent in your surrounding environment these break through the waves and are not cancelled out. 

HERE you can find a great third party video explaining ANC if you need further explanation.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Water noise

Author Accepted Answer selected by vummang79

Hello Vummang79, 

Thank you for messaging the community, I would love to assist you with this. 

Due to the nature of Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) technology, this is most effective with ambient noise. The headphones feature a microphone which picks up the ambient noise in your surroundings for example traffic. The electronics in the ear piece create a noise-cancelling wave that is 180° out of phase with the ambient noise. This wave acts like a noise eraser: it cancels out the annoying sounds that surround you without diminishing the audio you want to hear. The resulting in Noise Cancellation in your headphones. Therefore where such sounds like splashing water are not consistent in your surrounding environment these break through the waves and are not cancelled out. 

HERE you can find a great third party video explaining ANC if you need further explanation.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Tegan M - Community Support