Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

What is the latest Firmware version for Bose NC700?

Hi,

I got my new headphone and the firmware version shows as 1.3.1 and the Bose Updater app indicates that it is current. But the forums here mention that the firmware version is 1.4.1 or above. could you please confirm what is the latest firmware version.

Also, I am not able to see the equalizer in my app and my app version on ios is 3.5.5. Please guide me here.

Thanks

KC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: What is the latest Firmware version for Bose NC700?

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hi everyone,

I am very please to be able to announce that today we released 1.7.0 and that it includes the Adjustable Equalizer feature. You can personalize the audio on your NC700 Headphones from the Bose Music App. This includes adjusting bass, mids, and treble. Download the Bose Music app and give it a try! 

You can read the full release notes here.

If you experience any issues you believe are a result up updating your firmware to 1.7.0, please let us know in the comments of the release notes.

Thanks again for your patience!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hey @KrishnaChaitanya, thanks for posting!

I can totally understand your confusion in regards to the latest firmware version for the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700.

Currently, firmware version 1.4.12 has been paused due to a small number of reports where a fault was identified which made the headphones unusable. We released firmware 1.5.1 for those users who had already updated, which addresses the error that occurred. Therefore, 1.3.1 is the latest available firmware for all other users whilst our engineering team is exploring a permanent fix. You can leave your email HERE to be notified when the new firmware is released, which will include the EQ.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Thanks for clarifying this. I was very much in confusion. So, I assume this older version does not have Equalizer right.

Highlighted

I'm glad we could help KrishnaChaitanya!

Version 1.3.1 does not have the equalizer sadly, but don't worry! We are hard at work making sure we can bring this back as soon as possible. We don't have any information to share on when this will be, but as @Charlotte_G mentioned if you would like an update on when the next firmware version will be available use the link in her post and you can be notified when it is released!

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Can Bose at least give a range or dates/ETA (e.g. w/in 30/60 days)? 

Bose has been working on this update for 5 months (since May).  For a flagship $400 product customers should expect more than 'don't call us, we'll email you'.  Should I return the headphones, wait another 5 months for firmware update and rebuy them?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Does v1.5.1 have the equalizer ?

I received replacement headphones today so have been pushed back to the default factory software version 1.3.1 which doesn't support the equalizer.  Why isn't there an upgrade path from the factory version software to the very latest version v.1.5.1

thanks,

Aidan

Highlighted
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hi everyone,

I am very please to be able to announce that today we released 1.7.0 and that it includes the Adjustable Equalizer feature. You can personalize the audio on your NC700 Headphones from the Bose Music App. This includes adjusting bass, mids, and treble. Download the Bose Music app and give it a try! 

You can read the full release notes here.

If you experience any issues you believe are a result up updating your firmware to 1.7.0, please let us know in the comments of the release notes.

Thanks again for your patience!

View solution in original post