Highlighted
Boxxhead
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

This is the worst update I have ever installed. It's very hard to pair with anything now and the noise canceling SUCKS.. 

Hello Boxxhead, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your QC35 headphones after the latest software update. Please, can you try resetting the headphones for me to see if this resolves the issue? 

To reset the headphones:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Please let me know if this resolves the issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

oscarrdz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

This is terrible, noise cancelling is really low right now. It's like it's almost off. I tried the reset procedure and it didn't work. How can I downgrade the firmware?

Hi Oscarrdz, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your QC35's Noise Canceling. I can understand this must be frustrating for you. I will do all I can to assist you!

Can you confirm which Firmware version you are currently running on your headphones?

Bose does not have an option to downgrade a Firmware version. Our Firmware does fix bugs in the Firmware and by downgrading you can cause more issues. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

oscarrdz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hi, Jessie_O,

I just updated to the latest one, 3.0.3. I've tried a hard reset too, but noise canceling is still really low. I tried adjusting it in the app and still doesn't work. Needless to say, lower NC levels, 2 and 1, are just like if noise canceling was completely shut off.

Hi Oscarrdz, 

Thank you for coming back to me!

Thank you for providing this information. Are you using the QC35 series 1 or 2?

If you are experiencing this issue with the QC35 series 1 I would encourage you to reach out to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. You can find the details by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. 

If there is anything else I can do for you please reach out! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Drafto
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi Oscarrdz, 

Thank you for coming back to me!

Thank you for providing this information. Are you using the QC35 series 1 or 2?

If you are experiencing this issue with the QC35 series 1 I would encourage you to reach out to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. You can find the details by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. 

If there is anything else I can do for you please reach out! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Sorry to butt in - but I've gone through this last procedure and you just end up replacing the headphones for a new pair with the older firmware (sometimes the new firmware depending how lucky you are). Now explain to me what the difference is between returning a pair to get an old firmware set and just letting us downgrade the firmware ourselves. Seems the former is more costly, no? 

You guys need to own up to the ANC changes on the firmware and get it sorted. Lots are jumping ship to Sony and others are stuck with expensive heaphones that are not doing what they were advertised for! 

Yikes Bose, yikes. 

oscarrdz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I did contact them by email, they only way of communication Bose Mexico has, but I received no answer. QC35's ANC was working perfectly fine before this update, and now might as well just turn it off completely, it's useless.

Drafto
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

@oscarrdz wrote:

I did contact them by email, they only way of communication Bose Mexico has, but I received no answer. QC35's ANC was working perfectly fine before this update, and now might as well just turn it off completely, it's useless.

Keep pushing them, you might get a return label to return for free and get an old firmware version. The reason why these are $300 is the ANC! 

Also have you tried contacting them via WhatsApp? They've never replied through email, don't know why they give us the choice. 

oscarrdz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

They don't have the option, just email. The phone number listed in Bose Mexico's support page is an american 800 number, so they will kick me back to Bose Mexico. This sucks, Bose needs to fix it, either through a firmware update or a replacement.