marmos127
Participant
  • 1
  • 2
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

A colleague of mine, just bought the new 700 and offered to sell me her QC35. I tried them for 30 minutes and I was impressed by the ANC. I couldn't hear any of my colleagues talking (I sit across sales, they're constantly on the phone) and for the first time in a while I feel I could focus on my work. After 30 minutes, I downloaded bose connect and it prompted me to download 3.0.3 - I wish I read this forum before doing it. While I am typing this post, I can hear everything that's going on in the office and the ANC is practically gone. I am a first-time Bose user and I don't think my perception could have changed after 30 minutes. This is a shame - I litterally just upgraded and noticed an insane difference. 

Serj
Leader
  • 146
  • 113
  • 0
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?


@marmos127 wrote:

A colleague of mine, just bought the new 700 and offered to sell me her QC35. I tried them for 30 minutes and I was impressed by the ANC. I couldn't hear any of my colleagues talking (I sit across sales, they're constantly on the phone) and for the first time in a while I feel I could focus on my work. After 30 minutes, I downloaded bose connect and it prompted me to download 3.0.3 - I wish I read this forum before doing it. While I am typing this post, I can hear everything that's going on in the office and the ANC is practically gone. I am a first-time Bose user and I don't think my perception could have changed after 30 minutes. This is a shame - I litterally just upgraded and noticed an insane difference. 


Long story short, your QCs will never be the same again, and the Bose will tell you that you got used to the ANC, so it's only a matter of perception. I'm on the same boat with you, and I totally agree that 3.0.3 killed the ANC.

Tiddles
Contributor
  • 4
  • 2
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

I have been a long term Bose customer and own 6 different Bose products inc 3 pairs of various ANC headphones.

 

I was about to buy another pair & a Revolve + Speaker but I just installed this 3.0.3 firmware update and there is definitely a reduction in ANC.  If Bose have done this to make the new 700 seem more superior then that is a very dirty trick and I will now be moving away from Bose & buying the Sony ANC product and staying completely well clear of ANY Bose product.

marmos127
Participant
  • 1
  • 2
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

@Serj I seriously hope they will enable us to downgrade. Also, I just tried the QC35 with previous firmware and it makes hell of a difference. Literally we have the same song playing from 2 identical iphones. With mine on, I can still hear what's going on - with the other I cannot hear a thing. I can still hear my keyboard typing while I write this post. 

xfelix
Contributor
  • 4
  • 5
  • 0
Registered since

Apr 7, 2018

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

Just give you an update.

I contacted Bose of my 1.5 years old QC35 I ANC issue after upgrade. They offered me a replacement of QC35 II as they no longer have QC35 I. But wanted to charge me $350 as it’s out of warranty. I challenged them it’s not my fault. They waived the cost. Took two weeks of the replacing process.

After I received new QC35 II, I quickly did initial configuration using Bose App. Then deleted the app to prevent firmware upgrade. So far so good.

dashskullsasq
Enthusiast
  • 31
  • 36
  • 0
Registered since

May 3, 2018

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

Guys, check the QC35ii 4.5.2 thread, there you have plenty of informations. Check for Thomas from greece, and mey you have the answers you look.

Nanias
Collaborator
  • 8
  • 10
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?


@dashskullsasq wrote:

Guys, check the QC35ii 4.5.2 thread, there you have plenty of informations. Check for Thomas from greece, and mey you have the answers you look.


Hey man can you share the links to the posts from the thread you said.

 

I just created my account because after updating to the lastest firmware on my QC35 I had barelly any ANC just to find out this bulls%^$ from Bose.... I have my wifes QC35 side by side without the lastest update to prove they messed up with ANC, saying that we got used or that they did not do anything is ridiculous!

 

@Andy_B 

 

Cheers

Serj
Leader
  • 146
  • 113
  • 0
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?


@marmos127 wrote:

@Serj I seriously hope they will enable us to downgrade. Also, I just tried the QC35 with previous firmware and it makes hell of a difference. Literally we have the same song playing from 2 identical iphones. With mine on, I can still hear what's going on - with the other I cannot hear a thing. I can still hear my keyboard typing while I write this post. 


I know what you're talking about. Unfortunately, we still have to wait until someone, or maybe even Bose, releases the firmwares for QC 35 1st gen, and then we'll be able to restore our amazing products' glory. Till then... we're f*****.

joelirwin
Expert
  • 392
  • 1883
  • 70
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

@marmos127 

> I seriously hope they will enable us to downgrade


Customers here have been checking in disappointed dozens if not more times since Bose discontinued the downgrade option in 2018.  Bose has stated at least 5 or 6 times here since then they are not going to support downgrading anymore and have over the last few weeks warned us not to do so using third parties.  We obviously do so at our own risk.  Many have done so and have been satisfied with the result.  I guess what we risk are future upgrades since they may or may not work.  But what is relatively certain is that Bose will not re-instate the downgrading process any time soon.

 

Nylon
Participant
  • 1
  • 2
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

I registered an account just to voice my frustration. I've had the QC35's for 3 years with few issues. Updated to the latest 3.0.3 firmware and without a doubt the noise cancellation has been diminished at the max level. I can now clearly hear background conversation and noise where before I could not. Bose should take note. Competiton is getting fierce. I hope this is not a sly attempt to get people to upgrade. If it is I'd rather move to another brand like Sony.