Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nanias
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

@Nylon wrote:

I registered an account just to voice my frustration. I've had the QC35's for 3 years with few issues. Updated to the latest 3.0.3 firmware and without a doubt the noise cancellation has been diminished at the max level. I can now clearly hear background conversation and noise where before I could not. Bose should take note. Competiton is getting fierce. I hope this is not a sly attempt to get people to upgrade. If it is I'd rather move to another brand like Sony.

I am with you, and I bet we are not the only ones... If Bose dont rollback what they did I am switiching all my ANC gear to Sonys or even Apples upcoming headset, or whatever, when Bose xame out with my than beloved QC35 it was almost by itself, now they better plan their moves much better...

maxg
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Just made an account to voice my displeasure with the firmware update. I am not a member of this community and rarely update my headphones, but the difference between my old 2.* version and this 3.0.3 version was night and day. The noise cancellation is horrible and I am very disappointed I can't downgrade. I have a 7 hour flight in 2 days, and I'm probably going to buy a pair of Sony noise cancelling headphones because it looks like from this, and other threads, you've crippled the noise cancelling on all your older model headphones.

Not sure why you'd blatantly do this but I'm saddened as Bose used to be a great brand and now I no longer want to be your customer.

silop
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

check reddit bose page

Serj
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@maxg wrote:

Just made an account to voice my displeasure with the firmware update. I am not a member of this community and rarely update my headphones, but the difference between my old 2.* version and this 3.0.3 version was night and day. The noise cancellation is horrible and I am very disappointed I can't downgrade. I have a 7 hour flight in 2 days, and I'm probably going to buy a pair of Sony noise cancelling headphones because it looks like from this, and other threads, you've crippled the noise cancelling on all your older model headphones.

Not sure why you'd blatantly do this but I'm saddened as Bose used to be a great brand and now I no longer want to be your customer.

Hi there, @maxg , I am in the same situation as you are regarding the ANC situation. Could you do an effort to remember what fw you had before the 3.0.3 update? 

Just did the downgrade to 2.5.5, and here are my observations:

1. Nothing has changed (I don't think I had the 2.5.5fw before the 3.0.3fw update - I used Windows 7 64bit and Chrome for the downgrade)

2. No cabin pressure (disappeared when I updated to 3.0.3)

3. There is no difference between LOW and HIGH ANC - the brief click/pop heard when switching from one to another is not hearable, and also the surrounding sound that enters inside the cans is the same (lows (good ANC), mids (almost NO ANC), highs (NO ANC))

4. The hiss that appeared with the 3.0.3 fw is still present if there is no music playing but the headphones are turned on.

5. I can clearly hear while I type on the keyboard, snapping my fingers, vaping my e-cigarette, various other sounds that weren't hearable before the 3.0.3fw update.

Pampercan
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Created an account and posted two weeks ago.  Thought I’d check back.  Appears nothing has changed. I’ve seen updates from other companies that have gone bad, but having over 10k views on the support forum with ZERO response is pretty poor, and I’m disappointed in Bose. My headphones just don’t work like they used to, and I wish I’d never updated. I need to investigate the Sony headphones I suppose.

Thanks for 2.5 good years. 

maxg
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

I think I was at 2.5.5 before I updated. The thing I immediately noticed was that with high noise cancelling, voices now seem to go right through the headphones like I'm barely wearing anything. It does seem like "cabin pressure" was reduced, but maybe that's why the noise cancelling is so bad now?

Serj
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@maxg wrote:

I think I was at 2.5.5 before I updated. The thing I immediately noticed was that with high noise cancelling, voices now seem to go right through the headphones like I'm barely wearing anything. It does seem like "cabin pressure" was reduced, but maybe that's why the noise cancelling is so bad now?

Yes, the same happens to me too regarding the voices, and yes, maybe the fact that the cabin pressure is gone could be one of teh reasons for the sounds that get through.

GotoFinal
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

How to downgrade and fix ANC from Bose QC 35 on 3.0.0

Just updated to 3.0.3 while being in office and now I can hear everyone even while listinging to music or just taping on normal laptop keyboard, ANC quality just dropped to near 0. How I can revert this broken piece of **bleep**?

Fix303now
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

What a terrible forum how do I post to the topic? Do I reply to first post? Who knows.

Anyway your update 3.0.3 just made my headset unusable. My brain basically bleeds when I use them. Noise Cancelling is poor but also strangely loud, very high pitched sound causing headache after 10 seconds. I need you to contact me and show me how to downgrade. I tried on your Whatsapp channel, no one is answering. I will call you now every day, I bet your poor support stuff will be well happy about that.

For the peple reading, create accounts, post in threads. We need to fight with this corporate injustice. VOTE WITH WALLETS! SPREAD THE NEWS!

MoopMoop
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

I downgraded to 2.5.5 and the noise canceling is back and working great. Thanksreddit!