Nanias
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

@MoopMoop wrote:

I downgraded to 2.5.5 and the noise canceling is back and working great. Thanksreddit!

Hey man, could you share the files you used? I could only find the QC35II file there, and tried to do the "manual" way and failed.

Schi
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

One of the first comments points to QC35 v1 downgrade. I just completed the steps and it worked! ANC back to normal. 

oscarrdz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

How did you do this? Where did you get the file?

Thanks

Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

do the google search reddit qc35i downgrade.  first one.

oscarrdz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I did it, it worked! Sucking effect is back. Now I’ll upgrade it again and compare. 

Serj
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@oscarrdz wrote:

I did it, it worked! Sucking effect is back. Now I’ll upgrade it again and compare. 

Would you be so kind and willing to share the entire procedure? I have also downgraded 5 times over the past few days, and updated again to the infamous 3.0.3 but to no avail; I couldn't hear any difference between 3.0.3 and 2.5.5 - no cabin pressure (sucking effect) on both instances, hearable hiss when no music is on, no difference between LOW and HIGH ANC (it is always worse than LOW ANC on the original 1.0.6fw) - no notable "click" when changin between the two also. Here's what i did:

1. Used the Reddit procedure for QC 35 I

2. No kind of reset before or after (no cleaning the bluetooth devices list from headphone nor before or after the procedure, no soft reboot with the 30 seconds and all that)

3. Used Chrome browser for the downgrade procedure on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

Am I missing something?

ojgens
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 2, 2019

After a detailed listening, I discovered the following problems: noise canceling works worse Volume adjustment from minimum to maximum occurs not evenly. From zero to sixty percent does not practically change, after which a sharp jump occurs. The warning signal for maximum volume does not sound. And most importantly. The sound quality has changed for the worse. Low frequencies began to sound with reverberation and high frequencies with overtones. What spoils the sound picture to disgrace. Sorry English is not my language of communication, translated by Google.

edwinbosman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

I contacted Bose USA's miserable support line. I had to explain the issue (update 3.0.3 causing ANC to be inferior for QC35I) to 4-5 different representatives. Most were not aware of the issue. The final one claims that there is no issue (i.e all the people complaining in these forums are wrong)  and I can pay $250 and upgrade to QC 35 II if I want.  Luckily I bought my QC35 from Europe where they are not denying the issue and issuing free QC35II replacements even for devices that are out of warranty. I will send the package to Bose Europe and get it replaced. If you have warranty in US you might try to get it replaced, but otherwise you are out of luck. Bose will not admit that their update have made the device inferior. 

MoopMoop
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Bose has been removing my posts showing how to downgrade to the previous firmware and threatening to ban my account. Totally unacceptable. I bet they did this also. 

DefianceBG
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

To join the discussion, without realizing I also updated to 3.0.3. from 2.5.5, and as with everyone here, there is basically no noice cancellation anymore, regardless if I choose low or high. I hear clearly all voices around me, as well as the typing on the keyboard. Overall, as sad as it is, this has been the typical experience I've had with bose products for the past 3 years - with every forced update you just wonder what will get broken this time.

I've also had the Soundtouch 300 set up, and the quality has gone from awesome to meh since they force you to update the speakers, otherwise you are not able to use the app and change radio stations.

It is absolutely appalling that a company of this caliber has such utterly horrible customer service and product update process. It just makes you wonder if they at all test their updates before forcing people to update. Also makes you wonder if they are not blatantly applying the "planned obsolence" concept given that their updates never actually mention what is being changed.

Horribly, horribly frustrating all of this ....