What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

Quiet Contributor

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

Please take this firmware update offline.. I just updated today and got a problem you've been aware of for two months now.

One thing I noticed that explains why some people see the problem and some don't.. I initially had working noise cancellation after the update. Then I came to this thread to figure out what the changes in the firmware were and saw all the comlaints so I tried changing the ANC settings from the app.. THEN it turned off and it wouldn't turn on again !

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Spent an hour on the phone with support they offered to sell me a new set of headphones for $300 

After 30 years as a customer and thousands of dollars Bose is never getting another dime from our family.

Friendly Fanatic

wow!!!! After half a year I have launched Bose mobile App, it suggested me to update my QC 35 firmware. First thing I did - quickly turned off Bose App and QC 35 headset as well. Searched for this firmware update’s change log. I was directed to this thread and link to "extremely informative" change log.

Sorry for you guys who updated your headsets. I have terminated QC35 FW update process not because I have sixth sense, but because... (drums) - I do have experience with Bose product updates! Last year many unfortunates (me as well) have updated their Soundlink Revolve devices: Another greate FW update from bose. 

The question was: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

My answer: This FW update changed quite good QC35 headset into cheap, low quality sound device and there is no way back.

What I have learned from my experience with Bose products, FW updates and Bose customer support:

1. Bose will not fix any of these FW bugs, because they literally have no idea how to fix bugs and the mess they create.
  2. Bose has no clue what strange words like “client” and “client relationship” mean.

I do sound like a hater, but you Bose, have honestly earned that. 

Thank you, guys, for speaking out all these bad things Bose does to their clients. Timely termination of Bose FW upgrade made my day today and saved my QC35! 😊

Friendly Fanatic

I followed the reddit procedure, only difference is I used firefox.

Friendly Fanatic

I've been doing the upgrade-downgrade procedure repeatedly and yes, there's a big difference in the ANC after upgrade. No, Bose can't tell us this is a matter of subjective perception, this is real, I can hear the difference and I have also tested it with a new pair of cans at a department store. Bose isn't doing anything to fix this and keeps saying this isn't their problem, that we're just imagining things, even though some of us have tested this repeatedly.

Anyway, last week I spent a few hours doing some research on true wireless earbuds and of course Bose was on my list. After watching some videos and reading some reviews, and even though I hated Beats with a passion, I decided to go for the Powerbeats Pro, and, to my surprise, these things work great. The Bose ones felt cheap and sounded flat, and the new Pros look great and sound richer and louder. Battery life is incredible, I've been using them for 9 hours and I still have 20%, and I never thought I'd say this but right now, even Beats is doing it better than the premier, top of the line brand we all thought was THE BEST.

Silent Starter

Came here to complain also... I even tried to downgrade, but it didn't fix anything. Lost another customer for life and also someone that will warn everyone else. Super sad and I am pissed my headphones got neutered. The ANC on high level is now the same as in LOW, maybe a sliver of difference, but still worthless.

Audible Advocate

After experiencing the same ANC issue that everyone is reporting (& I reported it here also), I rang Boae support and complained about it.  They tried a number of times to offer me a new replacement set for a “discounted” price which was about the same as what I could buy from some online stores !  They also tried to say that I had no coverage because I was now out of warranty.  I pushed back hard and would not back down from the fact that THEIR firmware upgrade caused the issue and that my Headphones were working fine before the update.  After debating the issue with the Call Centre supervisor, in the end they could not hide from the issue. I am in Australia and I told them that I was going to escalate the issue to the Government Consumer Watchdog (The ACCC).  At that point they then agreed to send me a brand new set of QC35-II free of charge and with a full warranty.

Friendly Fanatic

Luck you. I am yet to hear back from Bose India support.

Does the new one comes with a new firmware? Please share your experience.

Anil

Quiet Contributor

+1 same issue here. Since installing this update, ANC is a joke. How could this have slipped through QA?

Quiet Contributor

For me the update 3.0.3 make the noise canceling worse.

Old Version 2018:

I hear the sea rushing sound in the office and my kollege is discussing with a colleague. I see only the lip movements and I hear no noise of the spoken words.

New Version 3.0.3

The same situation, my colleagues are discussing and I play the same sea rushing sound with my bose.

Now I hear something from the discussion of my colleagues.

---

I goggled in the web and I found some people who make some mesarement of the noise canceling. They found out that the pink noise cancelation was worse in the new version.