cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uniqueboseusername
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

I did the same. Beats... never thought I’d see the day. But the Powerbeats Pro are great!

The case... is not great, and doesn’t hold nearly as much charge as it should for that size or $250. But I have no regrets, just resentment—that’s about the best one can say for most things.

I also came across this before updating. It even loaded the update onto my headphones. I will never apply it as long as they continue to function. 

galocza
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

so basically...

-bose managed to turn my 300usd headphones into 30usd ones (and i was gracious with my estimation),

-and dont even allow to revert to previous fw,

-and dont warn me of the fact.

good job, way to treat your customers in a growing market with a lot of alternatives.

MoopMoop
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

You can go to a certain website and learn how to downgrade to the previous firmware and then delete the iPhone app to restore you noise canceling.  That’s what I did 👍

Brm932
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

I didn't have time to read all 19 pages of this thread lol. Did anyone determine what the improvements were? 

I can understand not wanting to share minor bug fix details, but if you are going to list improvements, I agree that it would be nice to know what changes were made. 

Tailslide
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

@timtyrrell wrote:

Came here to complain also... I even tried to downgrade, but it didn't fix anything. 

Downgrading didn't fix anything for me either.   Support was entirely unwilling to make it right.

Currently on a mission to inform my friends and family, at least no one else I know will have my experience with Bose.

galocza
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

MoopMoop,

thank you so much for your reply. i have found what you have referred to.

ill try it on the weekend though my enthusiasm is somewhat curbed by the fact that many people reported that downgrading didnt really solved (all) their problems.

if it worked ok id be still annoyed by the fact that consumers had to rely on enthusiastic and gracious community members (and complicated, unofficial methods) even to try to get back the device they paid for.

...while bose sat on its ass (and by that of course i mean donkey) for the last 3 months.

EDIT: although for the life of me cannot understand how reverting to previous fw doesnt solve the problems of the poster above and dozens of others...

jweb09
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

I have the QC35 Series 1, I was hoping this update allows me to adjust the level of noise cancellation. 

I called Bose support and who I spoke with informed me that on the app, I am able to adjust my headphone's noise cancellation level to low, medium or high. I don't see that option on the app.

Does anyone know if adjusting noise cancellation is available on the QC35 series 1? There are many times I don't choose to wear these because I am walking around in public and need to be able to hear my surroundings. This would be an awesome thing for me to learn how to do!

Jessie_O

Hi Jweb09, 

Thank you for taking the time to post to this thread and welcome! 

You can change the ANC level on the QC35 I by connecting the headphones to the Bose Connect Application. Once completed, you can then click on the headphone image and that will take you to the settings. Here you will see Noise Cancelation and you will be able to toggle between High, Low and off. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
YFLIN
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

My QC35 ANC was degraded after updating new firmware. Please investigate the issue and provide the root cause to prevent losing more customers. 

786tech
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

I upgraded my QC35 firmware to 3.0.3 today and there is significant static noise. Bose lost another customer for life.