cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tecsi
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

Nothing useful in the link. Please give more specifics. What Improvements could we actually notice?

Nylon
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

I'm really amazed that Bose seems to have abandoned QC35 owners at this point. Not what I expected. No feedback on this issue. No engagement with the community.....nothing whatsoever.

Vaportrailz
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Bose is definitely monitoring the posts because as soon as anyone asks how to reset they are very quick to respond but nothing on any updates this firmware “issue”.

Natron007
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

786tech
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

I went to the Bose store yesterday for two issues and they replaced my out of warranty QC35-I with 3.0.3 firmware for $65 USD (gave me QC35-II with 4.1.3 firmware). The two issues were not powering off (also turning on by pressing volume button) and reduced ANC. The customer service was great and I think it was a fair thing to do by Bose. I will definitely check the forums for these issues before buying another high end product. Also note that the Sony WF-1000XM3 is having same firmware issues with ANC.

Tailslide
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Maybe the physical stores are the way to go  I was in the exact same situation and my calls to support sounded like they went to some call center where after an hour they offered to sell me a QC35-II for $300.  So burned.

timtyrrell
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

I keep coming back here to see something positive and get pretty sad and a little mad. I am trying to figure out which brand to buy instead, also worried because I see some communication about the QC 35 II being investigated but don't see anything about the QC 35 I in there. These headphones are so **bleep** comfortable but I can hear everything around me now, they are now basically comfortable garbage 😞

Vaportrailz
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

I feel exactly the same way. I keep

hoping for an update rom Bose to fix the issue since the QC35i are comfortable and USED to have amazing noise canceling but I’m angry enough with Bose that I don’t want to be burned again by buying the 700s that I’m looking for a different brand to purchase. 

RangerTRX
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2018

I still use my 2017 QC35ii's every day with amazing noise cancelling. Sound and battery performance is as good as the day I got them!

How? I just refuse to update the firmware.

This is my 3rd set i'm on now after getting the first 2 replaced at the Bose store because the firmware updates simply break noise cancelling. The guys at the store didn't believe me when I told them until they did the FW update on 3 of their brand new stock then and there and they each had the problem after updating! They swiftly replaced my sets with brand new ones once I proved it.

So don't update the firmware, and don't install the app (the app seems to want to update the FW immediately). If you have updated already, get the guys at the store to take out a brand new set and test it against yours. You will be able to hear the difference immediately.

Bose hasn't reached out to me since I reported it numerous times almost 2 years ago now, so it seems that planned obsolescence is a company strategy.

Vaportrailz
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for the information. I plan on visiting the Bose store near me to do this as mine are not enjoyable anymore. I will never buy another Bose product though after how they did this to their customers. It’s so shady.