cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timtyrrell
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

1.3.6 should be fine. It was the most recent one, 3.0.3 from June 12 2019, that seems to have messed mine up.

kaelf
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

Hey Bose, any development on this issue?

I have the same complaints as most users in this forum:

- The noise cancellation is terrible after the update

- Pairing with some devices has become impossible (and I have tried every single thing proposed in the past 21 pages in this forum)

I have been a Bose client for the past 10 years. I thought Bose was all about quality and great customer support. This is rather disappointing. I don't think I'll be buying any of your products anymore.

uom
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

I am quite sure that Bose gave up on the QC35's and their owners. 

Vaportrailz
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

I’ve sold my QC35’s and bought Sennheiser Momentum 3 which I feel is a superior product and highly recommended to all the unhappy Bose customers. 

sydboy007
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

I've given up on Bose.  There's no chance they will ever get anothr $ from me.  Any time I hear someone mention buying bose I tell them about the disgusting service they provide by killing of the ANC in their product and then ignoring the community left with a product that has been damaged by their software upgrade.

Bose don't seem to understand just how badly they have poisoned the well of good will from what would have been an extremely loyal customer base.

phillipkj
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

That is kinda silly.. bug fixes and does not display a version history of the changes made. It can be like maybe even a simple volume change and connection icon display.. that is also some 'bug' fixes... come on please be a little more descriptive

wensell
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

So this is one of those What The... moments for me. 

I'd been offhandedly mentioning how I thought my old QC45s were "on their way out" having had them for over 3 years because I'd noticed they no longer isolated very well.  The only reason I have these is for plane travel as the Bose sound is just not for me every other day, but there was no arguing with the ANC back in the day.  I'd even researched a few other pairs to upgrade to when cash flow was right.  But tonight a nagging voice in my mind prompted me to Google whether others had noticed a drop in their ANC over time...low and behold the saga that's been going on here all this time!  If this was a deliberate move by Bose with any kind of self-serving motivation you can see how it could just as easily backfire.  I needn't have it proved to me one way or the other.  That the "Quality Control" (QC - HA HA) involved in this firmware release is clearly sub-par and add this to the company's lack of ownership of the outcome; is sign enough for me that this is not a brand to expect reliability from.  My next pair of ANC headphones for a future time when the planes are flying again? Not a pair of Bose.  

BTW if 3.0.3 fixed Bluetooth pairing with Windows 10, why am I still finding that impossible and undocumented?

oscarrdz
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

We finally have the option to downgrade when updating on btu.bose.com. Go for it, it works!

zakarados
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2018

Can we disable the auto update in the app? 

Vaportrailz
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Already sold mine and never going back to Bose. Bye Bye Bose and your horrible customer treatment. 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻