Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

Still here and still pissed. I downgraded my firmware to 2.5.5 and 2.5.3 today and it didn't help 😞

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

When I first purchased the QC35i the sound canceling was amazing! It was like being in a sound proof room. So with that in mind i have the following thoughts:

• I visited the Bose store with my QC35i and compared them to the instore QC35 and with the 3.0.3 firmware, they have the same poor noise canceling abilities as the current QC35 models. Maybe Bose has reduced the noise canceling of the QC35’s to make a “tier” product line where the 700’s have the best noise canceling and the QC35’s less due to a price point etc.
  • Speculating here but maybe Bose was sued or are in fear of being sued due to someone not being able to hear sounds in their environment and getting injured due to this. Again, just speculating here.
  • After visiting the Apple store to look at other brands with noise canceling, I noticed the Beats Solo Pro Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones had excellent noise canceling similar to how the QC35 used to perform.
  • Final thoughts – regardless that Bose is failing to respond to customer’s concerns about how they removed noise canceling, there are other Brands on the market now for active noise canceling that are an alternative for unhappy Bose customers.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

I recall my first indication there was an issue was my own voice not getting piped back into my ears on the many hours of video calls I am on a day. I don't remember anyone else mentioning this in any thread. I was very cognizant of this because it was an exciting feature I noticed over the QC 15's. Anyone else notice this?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

I'm scared to use the app and to update.

I'm still on 2.5.5 but I want to use the app for noise cancelling level changes.

when is Bose going to do anything about the noise cancelling degradation? 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

Hello there,

Updating the firmware to 3.0.3 was a really bad idea. After updating, my QC35 doesn't connect to my MacBook anymore. I did a reset and tried connecting again to my MacBook with no luck. It only connects to my phone now.

I have came to a realization that every new firmware will hinder the product more. I have had the same issue with previous versions. How to I factory reset the QC35?

Best,

Aziz

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

You cannot factory reset, you are in for life, friend. If you search reddit you can find out about rolling back, but it does not work for everyone (it did not for me and I tried a few times). There is a silly reset thing you can try: https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-reset/m-p/39949/highlight/true#M12321

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

This is so upsetting. I noticed that something was wrong with my headphones but I thought it was just me. Now that I am reading this thread I see I am not alone. Infuriating. I am using QC35i and the firmware is at 3.0.3, too. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

I moved on to buying the Sennheiser Momentum 3 wireless. Much better sound. I’m done with Bose and how they treat their customers. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

@Vaportrailz that's certainly a way to deal with this situation. Simply moving on (even if it is costly). But I also have Bose speakers and I always recommended Bose to friends and colleagues. This is just an ugly reversal. It sucks. And it sad to Bose isn't responding in *any* way to this debacle. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

i bought i pair of new Bose QC35 and when i looked what firmware version i have 

i have 1.3.6 - is that a good firmware or is it bad noice cancellation on that one  too ?