What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

Animated Arbiter

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

@oscarrdz wrote:

They don't have the option, just email. The phone number listed in Bose Mexico's support page is an american 800 number, so they will kick me back to Bose Mexico. This sucks, Bose needs to fix it, either through a firmware update or a replacement.

That's awful, why wouldn't they supply the same amount of support as other countries? What the hell Bose? I'd maybe create a complaint here on the forums that you're not getting any replies via email, it's your only access to get help. 

Hope things work out! 

Friendly Fanatic

Yeah, I might, I still don't have any answer and I know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Wistful Whiz

@oscarrdzBose is HQ'd in Framingham, Mass.  Google the main corporate number there and try to talk to a support supervisor there without getting kicked back to the 800 support number.  Another approach which I used a few years back in a 'dispute' with a rental car company is you can get the names of the senior executives for any public company.  Then with a little research you can figure out the corporate email syntax for the company and email the executive.  They'll pass it down of course (may only get read by their admin), but that may help you get some attention.

Audible Advocate

How they sell you new model if its NC is still strong?

Friendly Fanatic

I have the same issue with mine. I also have a pair of QC35ii and prior to the update, the noise cancellation was equal between the two. After updating to 3.0.3, ANC High setting on QC35 is equal or less to the Low setting on the other pair. I found another thread where QC35ii users are having the same exact problem With 4.3.6 that just came out. They must have altered/reduced the noise cancellation levels to make the upcoming 700 series appear superior. [ Edited by moderator] 

Friendly Fanatic

Had the same thought. This is bad and so far no one even dares to tell us how they are planning to fix it.
Audible Advocate

Hi all,
I have same problem with big reduce in noise canceling after upgrade from firmware 2.5.5 to 3.0.3 on my quietcomfort 35 gen1.

Noise canceling level high after upgrade to 3.0.3 is like low before on 2.5.5

Bose, when are you going to release fix for this?

Truly disappointing Bose would pull this [edited by moderator]. If this is what we can expect for their products going forward, I'll have to start telling friends & family to AVOID Bose at all costs. I very nearly purchased the new 700-series headphones yesterday. Thank God I didn't!

I'm always curious about firmware change logs and found this thread when my firmware download progress was at 98%. Hopefully the firmware gets sorted for y'all who were affected. Thank you to those that found this issue and reported it.

Audible Advocate

That's what I was thinking, they turn down noise cancelling on all the old models and turn the 700's way up!!

Audible Advocate

Luckily, QC20 is non-upgradable. 

I will definately not buy any more Bose product! Not sure how much I can sell QC35 i on eBay.