Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: What’s changed with QC35's new Firmware 3.0.3?

@oscarrdz wrote:

I personally don't have that problem, just the awful low ANC.

Lucky you; does your moble app display the "Whoops" message if you try to acces it while you are playing music? (if previously opened, if not it will just display the welcome message.)

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Same here ;(
Upgraded qc35i to the latest firmware and low anc is equal to high anc. This is really bad. Why? I really think to choose other company anc if this won't be resolved asap.
That's really disappoint. We pay a lot.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

By now, Bose should’ve realized this is no longer a matter of perception or subjective. This is a real problem that they have to fix soon. Seriously, I was about to preorder the new ones, not anymore after this fiasco.
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@oscarrdz wrote:
By now, Bose should’ve realized this is no longer a matter of perception or subjective. This is a real problem that they have to fix soon. Seriously, I was about to preorder the new ones, not anymore after this fiasco.

@oscarrdz I'm pretty sure they did realized, but it's a matter of marketing, so there are pretty low chances we'll see this fixed by a future firmware update. I too am reconsidering my wish to buy the new ones, since this failure proves that in about 2 and a half years, their new greatest product will become just another normal headset. These things soudn't break due to their marketing approach... Sadly, it does.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Why we can't go back to older firmware?
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2018

I tested my 2 years old QC35 with firmware 3.03 in a flight today. Totally weak ANC. Useless.
I don’t how to get buyer protection after two years. But I would try.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

I confirm the Low and High ANC is exactly the same, that is low. There is definitelly a bug either in the ios app, or in the phone FW.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

It is firmware related, since the 35s start with ANC to HIGH by default, and there's no ANC when starting the headset, even if the mobile app is turned off.
Highlighted

Hello all

Thank you for your replies. 

@royial

Please see this link with regards why downgrades are no longer available. 

@petrvalkoun / @Serj

An investigation is currently ongoing into reports of poor ANC performance. Some sample units are currently on their way to the development team to come to a conclusion as to what is happening and to seek a solution. Initial reports back from the team (before receiving the samples of reported faulty units) advise that nothing within the code of the ANC was modified between versions, so this should not be occurring. We will have more details upon their full inspection of the sample units. 

Details of this will be given on this thread. 

Kind regards

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@Jeff_G wrote:

Hello all

Thank you for your replies. 

@royial

Please see this link with regards why downgrades are no longer available. 

@petrvalkoun / @Serj

An investigation is currently ongoing into reports of poor ANC performance. Some sample units are currently on their way to the development team to come to a conclusion as to what is happening and to seek a solution. Initial reports back from the team (before receiving the samples of reported faulty units) advise that nothing within the code of the ANC was modified between versions, so this should not be occurring. We will have more details upon their full inspection of the sample units. 

Details of this will be given on this thread. 

Kind regards

Jeff G

@Jason_G
Community Manager
‎09-26-2018 09:54 PM

As always, the latest firmware versions will have all of the relevant/latest bug fixes and enable the most up-to-date feature set for any product. Rest assured that all updates have been fully tested and can be installed safely if you wish to do so.

srj waiting.gif