Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

When connecting my headphones to mac the noise canceling feature doesnt work

Pretty much the title. When using it on my phone the headphone does noise cancelling but when connecting to my mac it has zero noise cancellation and I can hear everything around me (like the mode when talking on the phone where you can hear the surrounding). This has been the case after turning the power off of the headphones while it was updating cuz it took some time. What can I do? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: When connecting my headphones to mac the noise canceling feature doesnt work

Hello Java, 

Thanks for reaching out I am sorry that the noise cancellation feature does not appear to be working with your Mac. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

What Mac model do you own?

Is it only after turning the headphones off you are no longer getting noise cancellation? If this is the case, this is normal, they do need to be powered on to activate the noise cancellation. 

Does the noise cancellation work fine with other devices?

Are you using a Bluetooth or cabled connection?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Re: When connecting my headphones to mac the noise canceling feature doesnt work

I own a macbook pro 2015 or 2016 model. I own a QuietComfort 1st gen. I know that the noise cancellation only works when the power is on. Noise cancellation works on my phone fine (haven't tried other devices). I use a Bluetooth connection.

Highlighted

Hi java,

From how you are describing this, and the fact the noise cancelling is working with your phone, it does sound like the headphones have connected to your mac with the incorrect Bluetooth profile. They are connecting as if they are using the microphone every time, rather than just for audio.

To get them back to working as they should be, the first thing to do would be to forget the pairing between the headphones and your Mac and reconnect. To do this what you will want to do on your headphones is slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear a notification.

Once this is done, you will want to forget the headphones from your Mac as well before reconnecting and giving them a test.

Let me know how you get on with this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2020

I have been having this same issue, and your suggest fix did not unfortunately work for me. I have connected my headphones with my mobile and someone else's macbook, and the connection worked fine and noise canceling was working. However, some how it does no longer connect with my personal mac. As stated by someone else when connecting to my mac it has zero noise cancellation and I can hear everything around me (like the mode when talking on the phone where you can hear the surrounding). I am not sure how to reset the Bluetooth profile as you have suggested, and have disconnected and forgotten the headphones from my mac. When connecting to my macbook, the connection notification is interrupted by a beep, and then I am hearing as tho I do not hav the headphones on at all, and the noise cancelation button also does not work.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2020

For anyone else having this issue on an apple mac, this is what worked for me. I disconnected my headphones, I then had my mac forget all my devices (Shift + ALT + click bluetooth icon, then select debug, and forget devices), I then reset my computers bluetooth module (Shift + ALT + click bluetooth icon. then select debug, and reset bluetooth module), I then restarted my computer and was able to successfully connect.