Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Where on earth is the online user guide promised. How do I pair with my laptop?

Bose product name   Soundlink headset

Country  UK

Firmware Version  ???

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Where on earth is the online user guide promised. How do I pair with my laptop?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Can you let us know if you are referring to the Soundlink on ear or SoundLink over ear headphones? We would love to provide you with the user guide. 

As for connecting to your laptop, you can do this directly to your computer settings. What model is your computer?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Re: Where on earth is the online user guide promised. How do I pair with my laptop?

Hi, my headphones which I received just today are the Bose Soundlink over ear headphones.  My computer is Samsung laptop ( a few years old) and I am using Windows 7.   I have checked that Bluetooth is on my laptop.  I tried to pair the headphones with the laptop by going to Hardware and Devices and trying to add the headphone.  They were next to my laptop at the time and they were picked up by the laptop and shown in Devices but it did not put them into the category of "added" and when I exited from Devices and went back in it had not remembered them.  There was also a message which said that Bluetooth was not enabled in Windows, or something to that effect, but I do not understand why as Bluetooth is definitely on my laptop.  When I put the headphones on again the voice said they were paired with my Sanmsung phone, which is good, but I was mainly wanting them to use with the laptop.  

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us!

I'm sorry to hear this and will do all I can to help. 

It is important that your headphones are in pairing mode before you try to connect them to your laptop. To do this, push the switch to the Bluetooth icon until you hear 'Ready to Connect'. I have also included the manual HERE for your reference. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!