Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Why does noise cancellation turn off automatically on the Bose 700s?

What I'm noticing is that if I'm wearing my 700s but not streaming music, after a certain period of time they seem to turn off noise cancellation, switching to full transparency. I'm not sure whether this means that the 700s are actually turning off (I have auto-off set to 20 minutes) or whether the bluetooth connection is lost, which causes noise cancellation to terminate? When this happened with my first set of 700s, I hoped that turning motion detection off would fix the problem, but then I had to have my 700s replaced for another reason; with this new set of headphones, I just experienced noise cancellation turning off automatically again. In each case, I can open the Music app, and while the connection appears initially to be lost, the 700s will reappear, and once I tap on them, the connection will be reestablished and noise cancellation will kick in again.

My basic question is: how can I prevent the automatic switch to transparency mode?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Why does noise cancellation turn off automatically on the Bose 700s?

Hello thersites, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your headphones noise cancellation. 

If the headphones are turned on, they will provide noise cancellation unless you set your headphones to an alternative setting. 

Do you mind timing how long it is until you experience the noise cancellation turning off? At what point does this turn off and is it a similar time occurring?

Please let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.