Re: Will Bose release an equalizer for QC35 like they did for NC700?
@fodavegAll the moderators can do is take suggestions and pass them along. Other Bose employees (I do not work for Bose), lurk here/read posts as well. What we do know/is known by those who have been in this community for a while, is the moderators are not in any subsequent loop. They will not know (or at least will not publically talk about) a new feature until it has been released.
So here are my personally/opinions judgements:
1. Aside from the really big ticket items such as the pinned 4.5.2/ANC study/post we don't get info other than change notes when firmware is updated or software is 'rev'd. And those descriptions are quite general such as 'bug fixes' or 'UI updates'.
2. The firmware for the QC35 II is now more than a year old. With COVID impacts, we may or may not see any firmware updates at all in 2020.
3. QC35s have been around for quite some time - as they get closer and closer to 'end of life' (and we don't know whether they go on indefinately with the 700 or not), we see minor bug fixes but functional improvements become less and less like. However, if there is 'common software' such as CONNECT and the MUSIC APP, then functional improvements are more likely possible.
4. If we have truly been asking for an EQ for 'years' and have not seen anything yet, perhaps that 'tells us' that Bose does not see that as a worthwhile addition
5. There are many vendor / OEM supplied players (i.e., that come by default with smart devices) and even more third party players (smart devices, PCs, and Macs) - most of whom have EQ. So that could beg the question, first why spend the effort adding EQ unless Bose see itself competing with them and secondly from our end - if we want a player with EQ, why not just use a different player?
I get the 'intangibles' such as providing 'value add' as a way to maintain a on-going/loyal customer base but there will be those in Bose who could argue for a better use of the programming resources for entities that generate a revenue stream. So for this 'argument' one could ask - does an addition of EQ to the app, draw in additional customers or maintain loyalty. For example, I have a QC35 and don't use a Bose app to play - I use Ecoute for my phone and VLC (which is also a video player) for music on my PC and they both have EQ.