joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Will Bose release an equalizer for QC35 like they did for NC700?

@fodavegAll the moderators can do is take suggestions and pass them along.  Other Bose employees (I do not work for Bose), lurk here/read posts as well.  What we do know/is known by those who have been in this community for a while, is the moderators are not in any subsequent loop.  They will not know (or at least will not publically talk about) a new feature until it has been released.

So here are my personally/opinions judgements:

1. Aside from the really big ticket items such as the pinned 4.5.2/ANC study/post we don't get info other than change notes when firmware is updated or software is 'rev'd.  And those descriptions are quite general such as 'bug fixes' or 'UI updates'.

2. The firmware for the QC35 II is now more than a year old.  With COVID impacts, we may or may not see any firmware updates at all in 2020.

3. QC35s have been around for quite some time - as they get closer and closer to 'end of life' (and we don't know whether they go on indefinately with the 700 or not), we see minor bug fixes but functional improvements become less and less like.  However, if there is 'common software' such as CONNECT and the MUSIC APP, then functional improvements are more likely possible.

4. If we have truly been asking for an EQ for 'years' and have not seen anything yet, perhaps that 'tells us' that Bose does not see that as a worthwhile addition

5. There are many vendor / OEM supplied players (i.e., that come by default with smart devices) and even more third party players (smart devices, PCs, and Macs) - most of whom have EQ.  So that could beg the question, first why spend the effort adding EQ unless Bose see itself competing with them and secondly from our end - if we want a player with EQ, why not just use a different player?

I get the 'intangibles' such as providing 'value add' as a way to maintain a on-going/loyal customer base but there will be those in Bose who could argue for a better use of the programming resources for entities that generate a revenue stream.  So for this 'argument' one could ask - does an addition of EQ to the app, draw in additional customers or maintain loyalty.  For example, I have a QC35 and don't use a Bose app to play - I use Ecoute for my phone and VLC (which is also a video player) for music on my PC and they both have EQ.

Seekay
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

@joelirwin 

Agree with most of your comment but again, the constant silence and ignorance from Bose only prove that they don't really care with their customers after they got their money. People have been begging for basic features for years...But it seems like the 'customer aftercare' does not exist.

Conversation mode/pass through is also something which only a software barrier. When you're having a phone call or talking to your voice assistant, the ambient mode works perfectly on the QC35II so this could also be an option to turn it on and off when you listening to music too, like on the NC700s.

I'm not surprised why they had to close down most of their stores. With this attitude, they can easily end up like Nokia.

Sony's customer service doesn't exist either but at least they don't even pretend to care with us.

Arunkumarg
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Any Update on Equalizer for Bose QC 35 II ?

KCW
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2020

I am at a complete loss as to why an EQ was not automatic in the QC line.  

I’m considering buying a different headset because of this business decision.  I have owned many Bose products over the years, specifically speakers. All of them exceptional with custom EQs for various audio recordings.  Even novice audiophiles are adjusting EQs on their equipment regularly. Not having an EQ for these headphones is completely illogical and a clear disregard to the known difference in music production, genres, labels, producers, sound engineers, eras, and the artists themselves.

I simply do not understand the omission of an equalizer.  Had I known this option was available (an option available on competitive models in the same price tier), I would not have purchased these headphones. 

If this is a warranty issue (where it is perceived that an EQ in the wrong hands will break the headset, then put a disclaimer that by utilizing the EQ (which can be a check-off option in the app for REGISTERED users), the user voids the warranty.

Unless there is an EQ option released, I won’t be purchasing another Bose product.

ikt
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

Seeing Bose is about to sell the QuietComfort 35 II with gaming mic add-on - starting October 13th, 2020, is there a chance that Bose will continue with developing the QC 35 II firmware and add equalizer options?

Aside from that, the Bose 700 just had its 1.7.0 update which (re?)added the equalizer, so it'd be nice if this work carried over to the QC 35 II.

Judging by the new add-on and sales still going strong, the device seems nowhere near EOL to me.

JFury7
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

Yes I would absolutely love for there to be an EQ feature for the Bose qc35 II. I think it's the only thing missing and it would make them the absolute perfect pair of ANC headphones. 

Facto
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

+1 for EQ. The lack of an equalizer in Bose QC is the reason I'm likely buying Sony's equivalent this Thanksgiving.

Foknboomn
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

C'mon Bose. There's a demand so.... supply for that demand. These headphones could be so much better with an EQ. If Bose is not willing to add an EQ function that tells me that the headphones were built using cheap speakers and amps that can't handle any additional frequency manipulation. Not cool!

boliao45
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

If Bose ever release EQ for QC35, you guys will wished it never happened. Take a look at the  firmware release of NC700 with EQ feature back in may 2020, many headsets were bricked and the release was recalled until 4 months down the road a newer release came and introduce whole bunch of other issues.

Erik1213
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

Yes i would really like an equalizer since i listen to so varius kinds of music

Best!

erik