Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Re: Wind noise fix NC700?

Screenshot_20190808-192115.png

For reference, here is the old Bose connect app where I can customize the noise cancellation on my QC35s. 

The option indicates that Bose custom tuned ANC for windy environments.

This is not an option in Bose Music

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

After trying a lot of thing I found a DIY solution 

Just place a little pice of Scotch tape on the microphone just behind the hoop

It reduce a lot of the wind sound

25E170A3-56ED-470C-A7D2-BC6DA8281EEA.jpeg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

I have the exact same problem. Reddit also has some threads about this.
I 'upgraded' from the QC 35 II but it seems this was a downgrade?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 7, 2019

Surprised I haven't seen more topics about this. I got my 700 yesterday, and it's gotta go back. While the wind noise is nowhere as bad as the QC35ii on 'high' it is terrible compared to the QC35ii on 'low' and the XM3 on the 'wind noise reduction' setting. The 700 needs a setting that isn't constantly feeding in wind noise for those of us that use these headphones outside in windy cities.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

I made a topic about this with multiple pages of replies from other users confirming this issue, before this thread was made. Do you guys not have any sort of issue tracking? This is a pretty bad issue, and as others have mentioned, you already fixed it once before.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

I have the same issue. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

I received my new NC 700 headphones a few days ago and noticed this problem right away. I just came here to report it and this is my first post on this community. Are you guys working on a fix or should I just return the headphones? Also, I experience some connection issues with the App, but fortunately I don’t need to use the App every time. Other than those two issues, I really like the headphones. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

There are complaints all over the Internet since release and Bose are doing nothing to address. I would return them and get the QC35 what do not experience this problem.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

To be totally honest I use my old QC35 II a lot more than my NC700s. The NC700s are good for one specific thing, and that is if you need to talk to someone in a noisy environment. People always complain about my sound on the QC35s if im on the phone on the bus/car/store/doing dishes etc. But people hear me very well when I call with the NC700s. Except for this 1 scenario I can NOT recommend these headphones over the alternatives. 

The NC 700s have terrible problems with NC. If I walk fast inside they start to make wind sounds. Some noises just make the NC freak out. For example If I put down some cutlery in a drawer they just go haywire trying to NC that sounds. Same with Closing a car door, the headphones just freak out and make terrible noises. 

If you decide to keep them, make sure to try them ALOT before the 30 days is past, because I really regret the money spent on these.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

The problem is that Bose have literally deteriorated ANC on the QC 35’s. I don’t even know why I even bought the new ones after all that. Well, I do like the design of the 700’s. So, that was one reason. However, I am kinda done with Bose. I will wait a few more days for a fix. Otherwise I will return them.