NickMac1294
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Windows 10 NC 700 Unable to Change Sample Rate

I am trying to use my Bose NC 700's to play games and chat with friends. While searching for solutions for choppy sound, I found that the game I am playing has issues with sounds at 44100Hz. It recommends changing to 48000Hz. Unfortunately, the sample rate portion of the setting for "Bose NC 700 (Stereo)" is greyed out and I can't seem to change it.

Also, I am having trouble getting any audio at all using the "stereo" headphones and only achieve successful audio when choosing the "AG" version of the same device. This results in choppy audio and none of my audio enhancement programs will even recognize this form of output.

Any ideas on sample rate or if I'm doing something else fundamentally incorrect?

Windows 10 (version 1903) (OS Build - 18362.418

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8086K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01GHz

Ram 16.0GB

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
NickMac1294
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Re: Windows 10 NC 700 Unable to Change Sample Rate

Update:

I've decided to connect my QC25 headphones again and it works beautifully! No issues, no choppy connection. Therefore, the problem likely lies within the Bose NC 700's. 

I would hate to return them, I love them, but at this point, they're unusable. 

Other things I have tried:

-Reset method providing by bose that doesn't really seem to do anything besides turn the headphones into a brick. Won't power on or charge. You have to hold down the power button and plug the headphones back into a power source to bring back to life.

-Removing the device from PC, removing the PC from the Bose connections list. Restarting PC, connecting again. One time when doing this I actually connected to the Stereo version of the headphones and it didn't register any sort of mic. therefore it was listed as audio-only under my Bluetooth device list. THIS was the only time I had great sound quality!!! However, I need the mic to communicate on my PC as well so I repeated these steps and have not been able to get the audio-only version again. Very strange.