mpalmquist
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2018

Windows 10 Problems

Like so many others, I've found that my QC35s no longer work with Windows 10. The problem started a few weeks ago with Build 1709 and continues today after I've updated to Windows Build 1803. I am using the most common Broadcom USB dongle sold by Amazon. The dongle is installed on a Dell workstation. The headphones connect flawlessly to my Note 8. They appear in my Windows bluetooth list. They are paired, according to my PC. But they do not connect to the PC. The headphones do not acknowledge the connection. No little voice tells me they've been paired. I've downloaded the app on my Note 8, thinking that perhaps that might give me a clue. It doesn't. There are no listings for my PC even though my PC recognizes the headhphones. I've updated drivers. I've scoured the web for solutions. I've reset the headphones. I have, in short, done it all.

This problem has been listed repeatedly in the forums on Bose and elsewhere. What's up? Why does this problem, which has been reported repeatedly over the past year or more, continue to exist? I'm finding my purchase of these headphones to be a major mistake. It's too late to return them, but I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I should add that I'm a loyal Bose customer. I've purchased four Bose products for myself and a few more for members of my family. This makes me question that loyalty. It's a problem that should have been addressed long ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
mpalmquist
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2018

Re: Windows 10 Problems

Author Accepted Answer selected by mpalmquist

I searched for new drivers and tried one for my Broadcom 20702 dongle on the Lenovo site. Those drivers installed, overwriting the "latest" drivers from the Windows Update site. It worked. The phone acknowledged the connection. The problem was the driver from the Windows site. Go figure.

Delete Me.jpg

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello mpalmquist, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here. Sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like you have been a long time fan of our products, we appreciate that! 

I came across a few tips on a Microsoft support article for connecting Bluetooth devices that you might find helpful. You mentioned that they are paired according to your computer, can you take a look at this tip below to see if its helpful?

"In Windows 10, the status text for Bluetooth devices changed in Settings  > Devices  > Bluetooth & other devices . Bluetooth devices will only show as Connected when the device is actually in use (for example, a Bluetooth speaker that’s connected and has music playing over it). When the device isn’t being used, the status text will show as Paired.

If your Bluetooth device isn’t working, you can try removing the device and pairing it again. In Bluetooth settings, select the Bluetooth device that’s paired but not working > Remove device > Yes to verify. After that, pair the device again."

Here is the link to the entire article. 

Let me know if this helps you. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Highlighted
maxnuk
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

It works great on windows 10 v1803.

Can you explain the problem better?

Post some photos of the problem..

Sends a print from your "Device Manager" and "Devices and Printers"

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Highlighted
mpalmquist
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2018

Thanks, Marcel. I've tried pretty much everything, including Mohsin's suggestions. The key issue seemed to be that Windows is doing the first part of its job (recognizing it and pairing with it), but the headphones don't acknowledge the pairing. Even after it's listed in Windows as being paired, the headphones are telling me nothing has been paired. I was able to pair successfully (and quickly) with my phone. But not with my workstation. Perhaps it's just my bluetooth dongle. Perhaps it's an oddity. 

I've exhausted the battery on my headphones and am recharging them. Perhaps that will help. We'll see.

Thanks,

Mike

Highlighted
maxnuk
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

If you can connect with your cell phone, then you can with windows.

In AppBose shows in the list of devices the name of the pc?

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Highlighted
mpalmquist
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2018

The PC does not show in the Bose app. The headphones are not connected to the PC. All of the logical things do not seem to apply in this case. I spent three hours trying everything I could think of, and a fair amount of that time was spent searching for solutions from others who have had similar experiences. Nothing seemed to work. I restarted my computer a few times, reset the headphones a few times, updated to the latest firmware, updated my bluetooth drivers, and so on. Thanks for the idea, though. It makes sense.

Highlighted
maxnuk
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

just a question, no offense, but you accept help by TeamViewer (like remote access) ?

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Highlighted
mpalmquist
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2018

No. I'll give this another shot this evening, when I get back from work. Perhaps it will magically get better. 🙂

Highlighted
maxnuk
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Just a silly question, Did you click the right button to allow pairing?

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Highlighted
mpalmquist
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2018

I did indeed. Several times.