Highlighted
tdalycruzr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Wireless Connection from Guitar through iPhone to QC 35ii

Hi:

I'm outputting my electric guitar through iRig (a guitar amp app), into my iPhone, then into the QC 35ii. This only works if the iPhone is connected to the QC 35ii through the provided Bose cable. It doesn't work with bluetooth from the iPhone to the QC 35ii. Any thoughts? Is the bluetooth connection even workable? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Wireless Connection from Guitar through iPhone to QC 35ii

Hello Tdalycruzr, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having some issues getting your iRig to play through the Bluetooth on your phone. From what I can see on the website for the iRig, it seems to be connected to the 3.5mm jack on your phone, and then if I am correct, you plug an adapter into the 3.5mm on your phone to turn it into a dual output plug? 

I would speculate that because you have something plugged into the audio jack on your phone, it is not allowing Bluetooth, but am not certain on this. I would recommend speaking with iRig about this issue as they may have some experience in what is happening and know a workaround? 

Just as a side note the latency with Bluetooth can have an impact with any realtime audio being played, which may cause issues with this device. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Wireless Connection from Guitar through iPhone to QC 35ii

@tdalycruzr 

Just to add to what has already been said.  I am a professional film composer (and I also work with audio as a wedding videographer).  The QC35ii is a consumer and not a professional product and from my experience (especially when I am trying to synchronize music to the action of a film), the QC35ii is not suited for use in Bluetooth mode due to the "latency" issues already mentioned here.  It is for that reason, when I use the QC35ii in my businesses (high speed Dell Xeon desktop and i7 laptop), I always use them wired to the QC35 from the audio jack.

By the way, I discovered many years ago that when I play keyboards in a Band, I can attach a MIDI keyboard to my laptop and use it to generate sounds that I send out my laptop audio jack with a 1/4" connector on the other end to a Roland KC-500 Stereo Keyboard amp.