GlowGlobes
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Wireless Headphones with Local Chat Feature

I am looking for wireless headphones that have the capability for chat between the users locally (in the same room) while they are listening to the program (movie/music/etc).

Do any of Bose's products have this feature?

Basically, the user experience is that of a gaming headset, but used for movies/entertainment instead.

Thank you.

Further example: With regular wireless headphones used for watching TV, when someone would like to comment to another person (also using headphones), they need to get their attention, and have them remove their headphones. I would like the ability to speak into a mic on the headphones, and the other headphone user would be able to hear the comment over the audio.

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Wireless Headphones with Local Chat Feature

No, it would have to be software driven (ie whatever you are connected to), but I doubt there's anything that does that at the moment. 

I also don't think it would be a large enough market to develop, with the exception of gaming headsets.  And if they can do it through the computer, the headset itself would not require it.

GlowGlobes
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Re: Wireless Headphones with Local Chat Feature

Thank you very much! Yes, from my search it seems like a rare (if non-existent) product. It would be for folks that have slight hearing problems, that can do fine with TV headphones, but are unfortunately isolated from the rest of the audience/family discussion. Probably a small market, but an extant one I imagine! Thanks again.