Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

Wrong s/n in refurbished QC35 purchased

Just bought a refurbished pair of QC35. When trying to register using s/n inside right headphone, Bose tells me no longer in warranty so found different s/n on box and entered this and now box has warranty! How can I be sure Bose will honour warranty if I need to send headphones back (and say no longer have box) if have an out of date warranty sticker in headphones!?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Wrong s/n in refurbished QC35 purchased

Hi Dick Bowyer,

Welcome! Thanks for joining us in the Community!

You will sometimes see a different serial number on the product and box when purchasing refurbished items. This is because the serial number on the headphones themselves will be assigned on the date of manufacture. When they are refurbished, then the box can have a separate serial number that is assigned on the date the headphones are refurbished.

The best thing to do to make sure your warranty is verified for your headphones is to reach out to your local support team, they'll be able to do this with you. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

Re: Wrong s/n in refurbished QC35 purchased

Thank you.

Trying to contact anyone at Bose locally is impossible as website just takes you round in circles and no one answers the phone!

I have managed to register warranty on the new "box" s/n but what happens if headphones fail and I no longer have the box to prove s/n inside headphones is incorrect? Suspect warranty will be automatically declined when headphones with "wrong old out of warranty" s/n inside are sent in?!