Yes, you can connect the QC35 to your Xbox One with the stock cable.

Audible Advocate

Yes, you can connect the QC35 to your Xbox One with the stock cable.

Many can’t seem to get it working without having to buy additonal accessories. However, if you’re looking to use your QC35 for sound only (no chat) you’re able to connect the headphones to your Xbox (Elite in my case) controller using the stock cable that came with the headphones.

1. Insert the 2.5 mm cable into your QC35 and turn on the headset.
2. Turn on your Xbox controller.
3. This is the very tricky part and it will take practice. You must insert the 3.5 mm end into you Xbox controller extremely slowly at the very end until your hear pops or crackles - you will likely try over and over again before hitting the sweet spot and getting it to work - once you hear the loudest crackle you can fully insert the 3.5 mm into the controller.
And now you can enjoy gaming with noise cancelling turned on.

Note: if your controller or headphones time out and turn off automatically, or if you turn off/restart your Xbox, you will have to go through the steps again.

The process is frustrating and I wish there was an easier option but once you get it to work the first time it will become easier.
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Yes, you can connect the QC35 to your Xbox One with the stock cable.

Hi HeadHoncho,

Thanks for posting. That's some great information that's sure to help a lot of users! We also have this post that might help.

QC35 and Game Console Compatibility

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Thanks, It works. Only with the cable that come with the Bose 35, nothing else like Xbox stereo audio adaptor. I only did that you said.
Quiet Contributor

hey all, so my qc35 2's were working just fine for the past week and this morning i went to use them and boom. no sound out of them. they work fine on my PC iphone everything else, just not my Xbox ONE X. any one have any ideas? ive tried the steps listed above im getting the loudest crackel from what i can tell and im getting nothing. Can you guys list your audio settings and what not? i just have an xbox one x hooked up via hdmi cable to a monitor, and am simply plugging my bose qc35 2's into my xbox controller and am getting no sound. wonder what happend or whats going on.. help!!

Hi Jason123m,

Thanks for posting. If your headset was working with your Xbox before and suddenly stopped, it sounds like the issue might be either:

• The cable you are using OR
  • The port on the controller that you are plugging into.

The first thing I would do is try and rule out which one it is by:

• Plugging your QC35 via the cable into another device to see if it works AND
  • Trying a different headset with your Xbox(temporarily) to see if you get sound.

If anyone else has a suggestion feel free to chime in!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hello, thanks for your solution. It works for me.

I'm wondering why it happens? 

Could this solution damage bose qc35 or xbox controller?

I tried to investigate problem on PC using my Elite controller. I found out headset is recognized as 1 channel device and has microphone enabled (xbox controller). This is strange. How 3 conductor jack can be recognized as device with microphone?

I also tried this device CCA-417W (CTIA, 4 conductor, the same has controller) - not working.

https://www.gmb.nl/item.aspx?id=7395

Headset on PC, PS4 and samsung galaxy s7 works perfectly.

I tried another headphones on elite controller, and they works fine.

I think this is microsoft xbox elite controler software issue.

Hi Somika,

Great questions - thanks for posting. Plugging the cable half way into the socket isn't a great solution in the long term. It might end up in the headphone connector bending.

Which model of Xbox One do you have? I've heard anecdotally that the QC35s work on the Xbox One S, but not the original Xbox One. I've also heard that they work with the chat adapter on both consoles.

Does anyone else in the community have any experience using our headphones with games consoles? We'd love to hear from you.

Patrick A - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Thanks for you reply.`I don't have xbox. I'm using xbox elite controller with PC. 

How can I help to fix this problem?

As you are using a PC Somiks, have you tried connecting the headset directly to the PC via Bluetooth? I don't know if you will be able to plug directly into the controller to hear the sound.

Let me know if you can do this.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

Audible Advocate

hi, thanks for your suggestion. 

Yeap, i will try this. I hope there will not be noticable delay while playing.