Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

a long lag when switching from iphone to mac book watching youtube etc

I just bought the new bose NC700's and i love them. i read all the reviews and still bought them. I think the ANC and the audio quality are a big step up from the QC35ii. BUT i am havng what seems to be a software issue and im not sure if its the headphones or the devices im using. i have a mac book pro with the latest software and an iphone 8 with the latest update. When i go to switch audio lets say from a youtube video on my phone to watching something on my laptop. i pause the video on my phone and then play the video on my lap top. The new video on my lap top plays but there is no audio. same if i do it the other way around. It seems the the headphones attach to one device and it takes a few minuets for them to latch on to the new device. I never had this issue with the Bose QC35s. IT seems to me to be a software issue. I have the 700s fully updated and fully charged. This issue occurs wether or not i have the bose music app installed. Any help would be appreciated i really dont want to return these.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: a long lag when switching from iphone to mac book watching youtube etc

Hello Jessmatsen,

Thank you for messaging the Bose Community, we're sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with switching devices your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. We would love to do what we can to help! 

It is normal for there to be a slight delay in audio whilst switching sources, in this time it may seem like the new source is paused or that the headset is not producing audio.

Can you attempt to switch between your mobile and another Bluetooth enabled device to see if you gain the same response from these? As the length in which it is taking in order to switch between the sources I am intrigued in as we would not expect this to take minutes to achieve. 

Please let us know. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Re: a long lag when switching from iphone to mac book watching youtube etc

Ive done everything i even had amazon send me a new pair because i thought it was a faulty pair but they are having the same issue. Also when i get calls for work and i have the headphones paired they dissconnect and then i have to go in to the phone and recconect them to continue using them for the call. I would be fine with a few secconds of lag but its not that when i switch devices(doesnt matter which one any device) i pause the video on my phone and then try to play a new one on my mac book. (i use these for work) the second video i play playes but with no sound its so strange and frustrating. If i cant figure it out i will be returning them and leavng a bad review which i hate to do because i love them otherwise. the connectivity used to be great in the qc35II maybe i should have listened to the bad reviews. Ive called your customer support but its only been people in another country who are no help at all...same with amazon.. so i am stuck with a $430 pair of headphones that i really like except for glairing issues that if not solved ill have to return. 

@Tegan_M wrote:

Hello Jessmatsen,

Thank you for messaging the Bose Community, we're sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with switching devices your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. We would love to do what we can to help! 

It is normal for there to be a slight delay in audio whilst switching sources, in this time it may seem like the new source is paused or that the headset is not producing audio.

Can you attempt to switch between your mobile and another Bluetooth enabled device to see if you gain the same response from these? As the length in which it is taking in order to switch between the sources I am intrigued in as we would not expect this to take minutes to achieve. 

Please let us know. 

Tegan M - Community Support