Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

bluetooth frequently disconnects from OS X

After successfully pairing the Bose NC 700 headset to my Macbook Air, it will frequently disconnect from bluetooth and then immediately reconnect.  I have deleted my bluetooth profile on OS X and redone the entire setup / pairing - but the problem keeps coming back.  This is annoying by itself, but if you on on a 2nd device (e.g. your mobile phone), the Bose announcement voice will speak over your current call both when disconnecting and reconnecting -- so you miss 5-10 seconds of your phone call.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: bluetooth frequently disconnects from OS X

Hello, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community. 

If the issue is only occurring with the MacBook Air, please try resetting the Mac's Bluetooth module. You can do this by following these instructions. 

• From your keyboard press (Shift + Option/alt keys and click on the Bluetooth icon at top Mac’s menu bar) 
  • On the Bluetooth menu, you'll see 'Debug' hover over that.
  • Click 'Reset the Bluetooth module'

Be sure to let me know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

I have done this now twice - problem still occurs.  Also - wiping out all bluetooth profiles affects other bluetooth devices that also need to be re-set up, so this is a high-friction event for users... and certainly not something that can be repeated very often.

Highlighted

Thank you for letting us know @chrisbrousseau. Do you recall the last time you updated the firmware for your headphones? If you haven't, visit the Bose Updater HERE, to push the latest update to your product.

Also, have you been able to perform a reset on your headphones as shown HERE? Alternatively, I'd like to know if you could test two different devices for connectivity, and let me know if you notice an improvement!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

I've only had the headsets for a few months - and made one firmware update, the one from early May this year (not sure of the exact date).