filipegracio
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

bose 700 on/off while plugged in minijack

While plugged in with the mini-jack, I hear "bluetooth off" (that makes sense), but I can still press the power on/off button, and that significantly affects the sound. It gets a huge boost in midrange when off. They sound totally different. That means really I can't get them to sound OK without battery...

What is being turned on/off exactly? 

Also, whatever is "on" (not bluetooth) is it consuming battery? 

-- All this with noise cancelling turned OFF (so it's not that)

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: bose 700 on/off while plugged in minijack

When plugged in you have two modes:

On - gives you Noise cancelling and equaliser

Off - removes N/c and equaliser

So without the equaliser they won't sound as good

When you have them plugged in you do lose the BT (as you have said).  You can still adjust the N/c through the button but when they are not connected by BT, you can't use the app to turn N/C off.  However the "0" level you can get through the button isn't the same as N/C off.  It still uses N/C, but allows sound to pass through the mic into the headphones so you are still aware of the environment (0 is the strongest level of awareness).

So as long as they are turned on they use battery. 

If they are turned off and plugged in you are just getting passive headphones (really the equivalent of the SoundTrue around ears that cost a third of the price.

filipegracio
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

Re: bose 700 on/off while plugged in minijack

Thanks @Morlock . I think I get it. 

To be honest it's a big disappointment. I was expecting the sound of any expensive headphone with using a wired connection without battery, to be good! Even my regular wired earpods sound better than wired bose "off" mode.