Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

bose NC 700 constantly disconnect/reconnect to iphone while connected to my laptop

While on calls on my laptop, the headphones constantly say "iphone lost" and disconnect then reconnect. While it does this, I cannot hear the call and the participants can't hear me. I've tried the following:

- shut down/restart

- unpair all devices and repair

- connected to the device manager to ensure there isn't an update required

I've had this problem since I bought the headphones a few months ago and it's caused me to dramatically cut back on using them - any other suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Re: bose NC 700 constantly disconnect/reconnect to iphone while connected to my laptop

Was so excited to receive the NC 700 headphone today.  Ordered directly from Bose.

So, DISAPPOINTED to have in-call BT disconnect issues.  Not ramdomly, but all the time.  Can't stay connected for more than a few minutes before disconnecting.  Intesting that the I lose audio on the headset, but my phone still appears connected.  I can toggle between speakerphone and BT audio and get the headset audio back, but only to loose BT audio on headset a few minutes later.  So frustrating as I was expecting to use these for conf call (supposedly better than Sony's wrt call quality) as we're all are working from home.

My set-up - NC 700 BT connected to S9+ smartphone.

I have no BT connection issues with my other BT headphones, so I know it's NOT my phone having an issue.

NC700 is fully charged, went thru wholel set-up process including upgrade to firmware.

So, though my set-up is different than lizzyb's, I believe both problems are BT related.

Bose, 

Please reply soon, otherwise these headphones are going back.  Returning the headphones is a minor issue.  Quality control (whether is HW or SW) should be a bigger concern, as you'll lose more and more customers.  Especially when competition (and customer options) is at your doorstep.

thank you,

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Re: bose NC 700 constantly disconnect/reconnect to iphone while connected to my laptop

Hi - Is anyone from Bose able to look into this? This is crazy that I spent so much on headphones I can barely use. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

I have exactly the same issue as the op and have tried all the same things. I spent way more on these than I would normally because I'm having to work from home, I'm making loads of voip and phone calls and I wanted to drown out some background noise too. Very, very dissatisfied so far. I've reset and disconnected everything so many times I've lost count.

Every post I've read has someone from Bose suggesting the same reset steps which I keep following and no joy but also no follow up posts from Bose for those people reporting continued issues.

I'm connecting via BT to a Dell XPS 15 laptop and an iPhone 8

@bose, anything to say or suggest?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

+1, variation on the theme.

Win10 Lenovo laptop, iPhone 6s. Phone connection on laptop is often terrible. iPhone constantly interrupts to announce connecting / disconnecting. I do not have these problems when I plug in 2.5/3.5mm cable for wired connection btw Bose & laptop, it's only when connected via BT. But that cable is short and inconvenient, and I bought this for BT, not for wired connection.

I'm wondering if the BT versions are incompatible, or something else....? Or maybe Bose is really about music and not phone calls? I can smell Plantronics in my future.

Like others, I spent a lot of $$ on these, and they are going back if I can't fix this fast. I can buy a much less elegant device that actually works. I'd prefer to keep this, I love what it's supposed to do. But so far, it doesn't deliver the minimal reliability that I need.

Bose, help!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Same problem here...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

I’m having the same issues…

Dell laptop, iPhone 8, iPad Pro. 

When I’m on a call through my computer, my phone or iPad constantly disconnect/reconnect. After a few times of this, no one can hear me and I have to turn off/turn on my headphones. It seems the headphones can’t handle being connected to two devices. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2020

I am having the same issue.  Has anyone determined a fix? Thank you