------
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2021

bose qc 35 ii weird static noise on noise canceling

I bought about 10 months ago the headset, and aside some minor issues i was quite happy with the product.

In the last few days, when I use noise canceling (even if i'm not paired with a device), I hear static noise from one of the ear cups - it started in the left ear, and now it's always on the right ear.

It sounds like wind in a microphone, and sometimes it stops on its own.

I've updated the firmware via the app, plugged to power socket, etc.

I don't know how to fix it, and the noise canceling is the main reason I bought this headset in the first place - I'm using it on daily basis.

Bose product name QC 35 II

Country  Israel

Firmware Version 4.8.1

Thanks 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Sam_F

Re: bose qc 35 ii weird static noise on noise canceling

Hey,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear you're encountering static audio but I'd be happy to help.

Does the static audio happen on all settings of noise-cancellation, and all levels of volume when listening to audio? I appreciate you trying troubleshooting so far such as updating firmware - did you attempt a product reset? Also, have you tried using the headphones with the provided audio cable, to see if the static audio occurs? Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!