Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

disable Alexa and Google Assistant on QC35II

How do I completely disable Alexa and Google Assistant on Quiet Comfort 35II headphones? I do not want these functions nor do I want to accidentally enable them. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: disable Alexa and Google Assistant on QC35II

Author Accepted Answer selected by KeegDol

Hello KeegDol, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! This isn't something that can be fully disabled from the Bose Connect App as it can't be removed. 

If you don't set up either voice assistant via the Bose Connect App then neither of them will be activated or accidentally added to the headphones! I will raise this feature for you as a future feature request for it to be able to be fully removed from the system. 

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions about your headphones please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by KeegDol

Hello KeegDol, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! This isn't something that can be fully disabled from the Bose Connect App as it can't be removed. 

If you don't set up either voice assistant via the Bose Connect App then neither of them will be activated or accidentally added to the headphones! I will raise this feature for you as a future feature request for it to be able to be fully removed from the system. 

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions about your headphones please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Great! Thank you so much! I really like the headphones, but I am wary of privacy issues with voice assistants.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

You can Disable both Google Assistant and Alexa from the head set ..

First go to Bose Connect which is installed in your mobile Device and wait let it connect to you head set through Bluetooth and then go to settings button on top right side and again click on Action Button ..Here you can disable both of them and select only Noise cancellation mode...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Hello Hector B,

I too have had a problem with Google Assistant.   My Christmas present to myself was these gorgeous headphones and I absolutely love them.   However, for the last week, when I press the noise cancellation button on the left, I am told to "connect to Google Assistant on your phone to use this feature".   I tried uninstalling the Bose app from my phone or turning the phone off altogether but I still receive the same message.   How can I reset the headphones back to the way they have been for the past five months?   The problem is, I have absolutely no idea why it started doing this so I cannot even reverse anything.   Thanking you,

Louise

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

This worked!  Thank you so much for the feed, I now have my Bose back to where it was.

Cheers,

Louise