Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2020

finding the model of my headphones

can you tell me the model of my headphones as there is no serial no.

bought from John Lewis  their code S 89710337 ON- EAR HEADPHONES

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Re: finding the model of my headphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by john bunford

thanks, found it, didn't realise it was so well hidden 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Hello John bunford, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community! I would love to assist you in locating your serial number. 

The serial number will show as a 17-digit code typically on the inside of the right headphone cup on our around-ear range, under the left cushion on on-ears, and as a 4-digit code (e.g. 7DAV) underneath the silicone tip on the left earbud at the end of the nozzle (in most instances), or just below the L symbol on Bose in-ear headphones. If they are a wireless pair of Bose headphones, the serial number can also be found on the Bose Connect App under ‘Product Information’.

If you could attach an image of your headset we will be able to help you identify the headset. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by john bunford

thanks, found it, didn't realise it was so well hidden 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Hello @Hector_B - I have a similar problem.

I am attempting to contact support to find out why my iphone will not connect to the CQ35II bluetooth headset to answer phone calls correctly - I can hear but the microphone will not connect and people cannot hear me.

Support wants my serial number before assisting.  All I can find - following your instructions here are 3 lines of numbers.  None which have 17 digits/alpha's to create the S/N required.

I have 3 line of digits started as examples below
First line R in a box and then 3 digits 123-AF456 (not actual number)

Second line T in a box and then D123456789 (not actual numbers)

Third line is different : IFETEL: RCPBO1234-0123 (not actual numbers)

None of these are accepted when entering the required info for service assistance and so I now feel I have a very expensive pair of headphones that don't work correctly - and yes I have updated them to the recent update.

I can supply photo images of what I have but in a secure communication.

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi LouJay,

Where did you find the numbers you have there?

The serial number you are looking for will be a 17-digit number. For the QC35 II heapdhones, this will be available in the right ear cup as shown in the picture below. or from the Bose Connect app, if you navigate to  Settings Product Info Serial Number.

qc35ii_serial_number.png

I hope this helps!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Keith_LIsn't the serial number also on the box the headphones came in (assuming you still have the box)

Highlighted
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

That's how I was able to find my s/n, on the outside of the box, which I kept. But the box doesn't have a model # that I've been able to find. How can I identify the model # by the serial number? Thanks!

Highlighted

Hey @sas55,

You can enter your serial number HERE to identify your product. 

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Highlighted
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Thanks for the response. I saw that when I registered my product, but it did not show a model number. This is what I found when I went to the link...

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/products/bose_headphones_support/bose_around_ear_headphones_suppo...

No model *number,* so I might download the user manual, and whatever else might be available for this device.,

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

Highlighted

@sas55 Here's a copy of the Owner's Guide for your On-Ear wireless headphones.

I hope this helps!