Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

headphone 700 sound cut off issue

While I am listening music, sound cuts off. Like connection is reconnected. I am having this issue when I connect my headphone 700 to my laptop.  I have never had that issue when I connect with my smartphone. Only with laptop. Could you please help me.. Thank you.!

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: headphone 700 sound cut off issue

Hello Mrayirn,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm deeply sorry to hear about this connection issue between your NC Headphones 700 and your laptop.

Could you please confirm the make and model of the laptop you are connecting to?

At the time that you are connected to your laptop, are you connected to another device also? 

Are you connected via Bluetooth or through the audio cable?

Initially, I'd recommend that you ensure the firmware is up to date on your headphones. You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer.

Please let me know if this provides any stability to your connection.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

@Mrayirn Yes, I am having this problem, too - according to support, do you know what causes it…? The act of sticking them on your head! Yep, apparently, they work absolutely fine if you don't actually try wearing them! 

[Edited by Moderator] I am attempting to establish whether we have a problem batch here: I have had 2 sets now, both with this issue and both have had serial numbers [Edited by Moderator].

@Charlotte_G this is NOT what we expect when we spend £350 on premium headphones. This is obviously a widespread issue (as is the static, which is also causing me problems) as is the pairing issue. As all these seem to occur with laptops, did you not think that people would want to use a pair of premium headphones with more than just their smartphone/tablet…? I demand an ETA for fixes for every single one of these issues. I would also like to request - again -  a replacement set, one with a serial number that is completely different to the two I've already had, as I want to test a theory that the issue is isolated to the batch of headphones with the serial series that I have had. 

I am trying to assist you in isolating the cause of the problem, the least you can do is to assist me. 

Thank you

Highlighted

Hello s.j.balfour,

Thanks for joining the conversation.

I am sorry that you have been experiencing issues with your NC Headphones 700. 

Exchanges cannot be facilitated through the Bose Community. This platform is for troubleshooting purposes only. If you wish to request an exchange, please reach out to your local customer service team.

Global Contact Us> Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Regarding issues with your connection to your computer, could you please confirm the make and model of the computer?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

But @Charlotte_G I have done so. Repeatedly. UK support is absolutely useless. I have got nowhere beyond them spewing the same troubleshooting information at me ad nauseam et ad infinitum, so what am I supposed to do…? I am autistic but, that notwithstanding, if you pay £350 for a set of headphones, you expect them to work perfectly and, if they don't you expect support to bend over backwards to help you. This has NOT been my experience (and I strongly suspect it hasn't been many other people's experience, either). 

But to answer your question, this is a MacBook Pro, running Mojave 10.14.6. I am also running the latest firmware on the headphones. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

@Charlotte_G I have documented the issues I'm having with my NC700 here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/NC700-2nd-set-Stuttering-and-static-whilst-st...

Two sets. Identical problems. Similar serials. I have saved the link to that post, and I will continue to post it until someone pulls their finger out and actually acknowledges the issues. I posted that almost 24hrs ago, tagged several members of Bose staff and had zero responses, I'm really beginning to think that once you've got our money, you really don't care. As I have stated here, I am getting nowhere with UK support [edited by a moderator] . This is absolutely disgusting - I DEMAND someone deals with this. The headphones are simply NOT fit for purpose. 

This needs dealing with - now

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello s.j.balfour,

I am truly sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your headphones. As you have posted in multiple threads, please note that I have responded to you on this thread.

I would like to reiterate that our aim on this platform is to assist our customers with any issues they might encounter. In some instances, the trouble shooting steps suggested might not resolved the issue and if this is the case, we recommend you contact Customer Service in your region to discuss your service options,as this is not something we can do on this platform.

Many thanks

Anne S

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

I have asus rog strix scar II gaming laptop and I dont connect with another device when I listen music via my laptop. If its necessary I use spotify and tried youtube videos as well and same result..

ROG Strix SCAR II Gaming Laptop

Highlighted

Hello Mrayirn,

Thanks for getting back to me! 

Could you please confirm if you were able to perform an update?

Do you experience this when connected to any other devices?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

Hi again,

Yes my device is up to date and the version is 1.2.11 and I have already tried my headphone with my other laptop and no issue. Only had problem with my asus laptop. Could you please help?  Thank you!