Highlighted
hello535543
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

headphone bluetooth mic issue QC35

so my headphones work perfectly fine on everything else but discord. so whats happening is when i try to voice chat on discord for some reason my voice isn't getting inputted onto discord so i can't voice chat. the weird thing is it worked perfectly fine just a couple months ago, and for extra info, i can hear my friend but he can't hear me because my mic isn't registering anything even though its on.

got any solutions?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: headphone bluetooth mic issue QC35

Hey, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having issues with your headphones and Discord. We are unable to guarantee compatibility with all apps, however, I would love to see if I can help in any way. To do this, I will need some information from you: 

• What device are you using Discord on? 
  • What is the make, model and firmware version of the advice you are using Discord on? 
  • How are you connecting the headphones to your device? 
  • If you are using a laptop, are there any Bluetooth adapters being used? 
  • Are you able to make calls on the device and your QC35's via other VoIP apps like Skype or WhatsApp? 

I am unfamiliar with Discord personally, but I am more than happy to look into this. If any other users on the community actively use Discord, I would love to hear any tips that you have. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
hello535543
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

1. i'm using a HP omen 875 gaming desktop

2. what's an advice?

3. my headphones are connecting automatically, its the hands-free AG audio one

4. i'm using a desktop

5. i dunno, i don't use skype,etc

Highlighted

Hi hello535543,

Thank you for providing that information for us.

Something I would recommend checking is the audio input being used by Discord. To do this you need to go to  User Settings > Voice and Video, then there will be a drop-down list for 'Input Device'. We want to make sure the headset is selected there, just in case the app is trying to use a different microphone.

I did find a post with more information on this on another site HERE. It also has a few other suggestions for getting your mic working with Discord.

Give those steps a try and let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
hello535543
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

sadly, literally nothing worked

Highlighted

Hi hello535543,

Thank you for trying those steps and letting me know.

When you were trying to change the input device on Discord, did the headphones show as an option at all? It would be useful to know if they were an option that could be selected, but the input did not work, or if Discord was unable to choose the headphones as an option.

Do you have any other software on your computer we could use to test the microphone? So we can test whether the microphone is able to be accessed by the computer at all, or if it is just Discord that is having difficulty.

I would also advise checking the Bluetooth drivers on your computer are up to date as well as your headphones. On the headphones, this can be done using our Device Updater on a computer, by following the on-screen instructions.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
hello535543
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

yes my headphones do show as an option on discord and also the updater didn't work 😞

Highlighted

Hi Hello535543, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

You can use the cord you use to charge the headphones to perform the update. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
hello535543
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

i meant that they updated but it didn't fix the problem.

i'm starting to give up

Highlighted

Hi hello535543,

Thank you for clarifying that, I'm sorry to hear it is still not working.

Have we tried using the headphones with any other software on your computer? It would be useful to know if this was just limited to Discord, or happening with the computer as a whole.

Kind Regards,

Keith L