Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lexelot
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

iPad Landscape mode

This topic has been raised many times before - but nothing happened so far - so here goes again: 

Please make the iPad app support landscape mode. The lack of landscape makes no sense at all - the app already has 'relative' positioning of all the interface elements, so supporting landscape is literally 1 checkbox when compiling your app.

The current, portrait only, app makes the Bose product experience feel like working with a cheap knock-off product. iPads, and especially the 'Pro' models have keyboards. When connected to those keyboards, the tablet is in landscape mode. That means, that with the Bose connect app, you either look like an idiot at an angle, or you're moving the table on it's side, with a keyboard sticking out. 

17 REPLIES 17
Hector_B

Re: iPad Landscape mode

Hi Lexelot,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I appreciate your feedback on this and you are correct this is a feature that has been raised before, however I would love to raise this again for you and would highly encourage all community members that would like to see this feature added to please comment their interest on this post. 

If there are any other features that you or any of our community members would like to see added to the Bose Connect App please do let us know below. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Lexelot
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

Hector,

thanks for the quick reply.

There are other things that could be better, like:

+ More easily replacing a connected device with a third device.

+ Integration with external music services through the app

+ And a killer feature: The ability to enable your Bose device as an AirPlay "Speaker".

But none of it matters when the app is annoying to use, because of the portrait mode.BoseConnect.png

Charlotte_G

Hi Lexelot,

Thanks a lot for these suggestions. They have also been forwarded to our development team for consideration.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Cancelallthenoise
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

I would also like to use the Bose app in landscape mode on the iPad pro. A great suggestion!

Timmsy73
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Please bring landscape mode to the iPad!!!!!

Lexelot
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

I know right - it's remarkable how long it is taking Bose to actually do something about this while the solution is soooooo simple.

The weird thing is though, none of the 9 apps in the App Store seems to support landscape mode at all. I'm all for any company's attempt to stand-out, but this seems like such a weird design choice. 

SafetyRabbit
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

I'd like to add my vote for this feature too.  Just that flash of frustration when the one app you have that you need to yank the iPad off its stand and hold it like a giant phone.  

TonySoprano9
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Hi there,

Super excited to be a first time Bose owner, just picked up the 500 Soundbar + Subwoofer and love everything so far. 

iPad Landscape Mode is something I would absolutely appreciate. I use the app as my remote when I’m on my iPad (Volume, on-the-fly sound adjustments for what I have in the background, etc.) — Are there any updates on where this falls in terms of priorities for your development team? 

This is my first time using the app, read through the version history and love the progress so far ... but if this is possibly a low effort task, then perhaps we can make a push to get this up the list?

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Either way, loving the sound experience so far, but landscape iPad would really help complete the experience.

Lexelot
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

An artists rendering of how the new 'Smart Keyboard' will look in combination with the Bose app....

apple_ipad-pro-keyboard-pages_04152020.jpg