Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iovis
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

Re: iPad Landscape mode

I agree with everyone. It's pretty frustrating to use the ipad normally with the keyboard and then pop into the app to change something and be switched to portrait mode. I also think this app would work wonderfully with slideover for quick tweaks/connections given that the 700s don't have a button to switch anymore.

Héctor
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

I also want the app to be available in landscape mode for the iPad. Also, I would love to see these other changes implemented:

1. I would like automatic switching between media sources. Right now, it's mandatory to pause the media playing in the first source if one wishes to start listening to media from the second source. I'd love that the media in the first source automatically pauses whenever some media from the second source starts playing. In my opinion, that would be a truly killer feature (other high-end headphones and earphones already do this).

2. I would love the headphones to automatically connect to known devices when entering into their Bluetooth range. Right now, whenever I get home using the headphones with my iPhone, I need to manually connect them to my MacBookPro whenever I get into its Bluetooth range. It'd be awesome to see them connect automatically to my computer whenever I get home using them with my iPhone.

3. Right now, the battery widget in iOS displays the battery percentage of the BOSE NCH 700 in 10% increments (i.e., 100%, 90%, 80% and so on...). It would be fantastic to be able to see the precise percentage of the battery. Also, it would be really cool to see the battery percentage in the BOSE Music app (either rather than or on top of) the estimated remaining time.

Thank you for listening!

Zyzzyx
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2020

I mostly use my headphones for work on a windows machine and for movies on an iPad. I sometimes use them for music from an iPhone. The main way I control or interact with the headset is through the Bose Music iPad app. Rotating my screen for this one app anytime I open it up gets pretty annoying especially with how easy it is to enable landscape mode for ios apps on iPad in xcode or any other app development tool. If someone could get the developers to toggle that option to on instead of off (I do realize it's not a toggle switch, you have to add a supported interface orientation key value pair for iPad in your projects Info.plist), that would be great. 

JC8333
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

Please make landscape mode for the Bose app.  The app is Great with integrating multiple music accounts, however 99% of the iPad stands are horizontal and not vertical; furthermore the iPad on a stand in the living room, kitchen etc. is the most optimal way to have a central access point in the house to manage all the music via the Bose music app. 

my $0.02

Erulastie;
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

This issue is causing me to switch to AirPods Max

365nice
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

Yes - I would like this too. As originally mentioned, its a single tick box in Xcode... how hard can it be?

AMomchilov
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

Software dev here, 👋🏻

Given all the screen resolutions the app supports (various phone sizes, plus the iPad), I suspect that much of the necessary work on dynamic layout is already done and ready to support landscape. The devs just need to disable the restriction on rotation.

I think it would also be a HUGE productivity/usability improvement if this app supported "Slide Over". It usually is enabled by default for new iPad apps, you would have to go out of your way to disable it. It kind of "just works". This utility app is the perfect use case for Slide Over. You want to jump into it for a sec, switch a device, and continue with what you're doing, without switching out of the main app you have open.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/ipad/ipadfe7c65e9/ipados

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/WindowsViews/Conceptual/AdoptingMultitaski...

cdevers
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2021

Joining the chorus here, it’s annoying that the iOS version of the Bose Connect app only supports portrait mode.

This is usually fine on an iPhone, which is generally held vertically. 

But it’s cumbersome on an iPad when using it with Apple’s hardware keyboard accessory — your choices are to either look at the app sideways, or hold the iPad sideways.

And sometimes iPhones are used in landscape mode too, such as when watching a video — which is a likely time to be using headphones!

So please consider adding landscape mode for iOS & iPadOS. 

••••••••••

Also, as an aside, I tried using the support site's chat feature, and the person I talked to told me to email this feedback to support@bose.com, which I figured would open a support ticket for statistical tracking.

Well, no, my email there got an immediate auto-response that just said “we don’t monitor this email address, please use the web site.”

Which, I mean, okay fine. But the chat staff should be made aware of this, eh? 🙂