iPhone 7 Plus - Bluetooth QC35 II - So dissappointed.

Quiet Contributor

iPhone 7 Plus - Bluetooth QC35 II - So dissappointed.

Bought QC35 II, before Christmas, Try to pair with iPhone 7 Plus.  What a nightmare.  Pairs with iPad, iPhone 6, PC but not 7+.  Every other device connects to my 7+, but not the QC35 II, oh no....

I've even tried to reset the headphone.  What a joke that is.  1-Slide the power switch to the Bluetooth® symbol and hold for 10 seconds until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”.. NOT MINE. Nothing happens.  I've even tried reset with is mean't to reboot them ???  Nothing happens. nothing changes.

QC35 has more of a "reboot" than a "reset" . To reboot the headset

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

This is mean't to reset, but reset to what..Nothing changes. I'm on the latest firmware 3.1.8.

Really not happy these are so difficult to connect to iPhone 7 Plus. WHY!!!!!

I've totally reset my iPhone back to factory default. Still does not connect, Downloaded the app, they seem to recognise the headphones are connected, since I get the icon to connect and then the graphic to slide to the right for 1 sec.  Nothing happens after this.....

Any help will be appreciated other than burning them. Not a happy customer at all.

Update. Just tried to pair to iPhone 6 and that does not work either now.  How do I reset these POS when the above does not work?

11 REPLIES 11
Quiet Contributor

Re: iPhone 7 Plus - Bluetooth QC35 II - So dissappointed.

This sounds exactly what happened to my qc35ii. It was connected to my iphone 7 for 5 days then the buttons on the headphones stopped working. The only thing that responds is the on-off switch. The rest doesn’t work. So I couldn’t reset pairing list or enter pairing mode. Tried the reset procedure and it doesn’t work. Unit only works in wired mode which is very disappointing. I’ve sent it for warranty repair/replacement. Still waiting for their reply. I also bought it last christmas and it has a manufacturing date of november 2018.
Quiet Contributor

Hmm it certainly does. I get no other voice prompt than like you say, Just the turned on message with battery percent and which devices its connect to. But unable to clear anything after holding button for 10 secs or more. How do you find the manufacture date?

Having paid near £300 so dissappointed.

Quiet Contributor

Supposedly you can check through the bose connect app but since you cant connect via bluetooth now i dont know any other way. 

Quiet Contributor

Managed to get it Paired with iPhone 6, Oct 2018. Guess they had been in stock a while.  Still unable to clear headphone device history.

Hi sbarr,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about your experience so far with your headphones. From what you have described and what you have already done, it looks like the next logical step would be to contact your local support team for assistance. Here is a link with contact information. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us"

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Vocal Volunteer

Just for a data point.  I have a QC35ii. Manufacturing date:10/8/18.  Firmware 3.1.8.  I have an iPhone 7+ with ios 12.1.2 (the second release of 12.1.2).  I regularly use the QC35ii with my iphone 7+, my dell desktop win7/64 and dell laptop win7/64.  No Problems (using the SMK USB Dongle with CSR drivers).

Here is a long shot - someone somewhere here said the name may have something to do with it.  See if you can make the name 8 characters or less and perhaps that will help (over even 4 characters or less????). Mine says "QC 35 II".

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Thanks for the feedback, I finally got them to connect after hours of repeated trying. Still cannot clear device history using the instructions provided, so not sure the device name change will help, but you never know.

Vocal Volunteer

The device name change is done in the Bose Connect app.

Quiet Contributor

Bose - Your support is the worst ever, so slow. I raised a support ticket on the 04/01/19 in which I only got a response on the 10th...Really. You state 48hr for a response. More like 7 days min.  Guess I'll get this sorted by March are this rate.