DPD
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

iPhone iOS 13 dictation problems with Bose QC35II and Bose OE Soundlink headphones

I have an iPhone XS, iOS 13, and two Bose headphones -- Bose QC35II and Bose OE Soundlink.  For several years I walk, listen to a Great Course or book on Audible, and dictate notes into an Apple Note using the mic icon at the bottom right of the iPhone keyboard.  Recently, and suddenly, what I dictate wearing EITHER pair of headphones is mangled in the Note. Parts of sentences missing.  Words bearing no resemblance to what I have dictated appear in the Note. The errors are to such an extent that i can no longer walk and note-take using headphones.  Do you have an idea what may be happening?  Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: iPhone iOS 13 dictation problems with Bose QC35II and Bose OE Soundlink headphones

Hello DPD,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community!

That's very strange that you are experiencing this, I will happily help you out with this today. We can go through some troubleshooting to try to get this resolved for you. Let's start by rebooting your iPhone and making sure both headphones are up to date.

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps (Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
  6. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
  7. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support