Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

is there a way to turn off the "announcement" spoken at Bose 700 turn-on? it wastes a lot of time

Whenever I turn on my Bose 700, it "speaks" all the letters of all potential devices to connect and their connection status and this annoyingly takes up a lot of time in which I can not start hearing music right away.

This is an ok feature - to hear the letters of devices meant for connection and connection status, but I would rather to be able to toggle this off sometimes, not hear at all the status and just start hearing music right away, like all other standard BT audio devices I had throughout the years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: is there a way to turn off the "announcement" spoken at Bose 700 turn-on? it wastes a lot of ...

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hello Miki800, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you are finding the voice prompts of your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to be irritating. I'll happily assist you with this. 

You're able to toggle the voice prompts on and off via the Bose Music app. If you connect your headphones to the app on your device and visit your product settings, you will be able to toggle on and off voice prompts. 

I hope this helps, do let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: is there a way to turn off the "announcement" spoken at Bose 700 turn-on? it wastes a lot of ...

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hello Miki800, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you are finding the voice prompts of your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to be irritating. I'll happily assist you with this. 

You're able to toggle the voice prompts on and off via the Bose Music app. If you connect your headphones to the app on your device and visit your product settings, you will be able to toggle on and off voice prompts. 

I hope this helps, do let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Re: is there a way to turn off the "announcement" spoken at Bose 700 turn-on? it wastes a

The big hammer approach to this solution is unacceptable. I like the ability of hearing the noise cancellation levels as I cycle though the button presses, so turning off voice prompts completely is not an option.

Listening to the headphones spell out S-A-M-S-U-N-G-S-M-G-9-5-0-U is extremely annoying on power up. To work around this, I went into my phone settings and renamed the all caps phone name to "Samsung GS8" which the power up announcement says correctly. 

Another nit-picky issue resolved. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Re: is there a way to turn off the "announcement" spoken at Bose 700 turn-on? it wastes a

Same problem here.

This is so annoying.