Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

nc 700 will not update.

The Bose music app says my headphones is up to date but the firmware is 1.3.1

The website says the latest firmware update is 1.4.12

I tried using my pc to do the update but the updater says i have the latest firmware.  

So wich firmware should I have?

The main reason that i am looking for an a update is because the connection between my pc and headphones are bad using Bluetooth.  My pc is fine and I have confirmed it with other headphones.  

Also when more than one device is connected I experience connection issues.  

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: nc 700 will not update.

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hi both,

I am very pleased to be able to announce that today we released 1.7.0 and as a part of that we introduced a fix that should improve connectivity to multiple devices and during VOIP calls. You can read the full release notes of this here. Please join the discussion in the comments for the release notes should you experience any issues.

Thanks again for your patience!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@Peter Krijt,

Actually 1.5.1 is the latest firmware.  1.4.2 is retired by Bose due to many serious bugs.

1.5.1 was only for those with 1.4.2 red/white blinking issue.  So you're 'fine' on 1.3.1.

Regarding your connection issues, it's a common problem:

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices  

And just in case....

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement  

Highlighted
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hi both,

I am very pleased to be able to announce that today we released 1.7.0 and as a part of that we introduced a fix that should improve connectivity to multiple devices and during VOIP calls. You can read the full release notes of this here. Please join the discussion in the comments for the release notes should you experience any issues.

Thanks again for your patience!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post